1. I like it, even if I miss their famous "dirty" guitar.
  2. I'm sure they have proper rockers on the album. But for now this is really hitting the spot for me.
  3. Maybe that video is hypnotised people to like it, I don't know, but they are trying way to hard to change and even then it is barely working. And it has only taken them six albums to realise that they have never changed. Shows what getting relatively famous does to you. I'll give it another listen, but, to me, it is just bland.
  4. Now fully released:

Really cool album.
  5. The new Paolo Nutini album also sounds quite good on first listen. Quite far away from his first two. Interesting.
  6. Originally posted by KieranU2:Maybe that video is hypnotised people to like it, I don't know, but they are trying way to hard to change and even then it is barely working. And it has only taken them six albums to realise that they have never changed. Shows what getting relatively famous does to you. I'll give it another listen, but, to me, it is just bland.

How is Turn Blue that much of a difference from

or

7. and then theres both lol
  8. U2
    Manics
    Kasabian
  9. Here's the thing:

The Black Keys are so popular now that anything they do will be picked up by mainstream radio. Fact.

The Black Keys are releasing music that sounds like their old stuff. It doesn't sound EXACTLY like it, because they've sort of "grown out of the garage".

If U2 put out an album that "sounded like Boy," it still wouldn't "sound like Boy" because the way they record and just the way those men play music has evolved.

I'm giving TBK a little more credit on this one. We'll see what the album has in store, but this is definitely a step in a decent direction.

Does that mean I'm not sick of the band? No. They're still pretty overblown. But I don't think what they're releasing is bad music. At all.

end rant
  10. Really good analysis, Matt.