1. I've been enjoying Trust's second album, Joyland, recently.

2. Beck's Morning Phase is an album to listen to.

3. Ryan Adams has a new song and it is SO GOOD.
  4. Just picked up Jack White's new album, very good after a few spins
  5. ^ As good as Blunderbuss?

Only albums I can think of coming out this year is the new Robert Plant album and Duran Duran.
  6. I think Lazaretto is completely comparable to Blunderbuss in that the songs are all good, but half of them are Jack trying too hard, to be honest.

Love him, and I'll continue to see him live etc., but his best stuff is the simplest stuff that just rocks without calculation. eg: Sixteen Saltines, Freedom @ 21, Lazaretto, everything by The White Stripes, etc..
  7. New Jamie Cullum album in October.

The new album is a collection of twelve tracks, cribbed (mostly) from the earliest days of jazz, recorded simply in one room, with incredible musicians, like it used to be. Interlude was produced by Ben Lamdin and recorded live in the studio with twenty musicians, in just three days total.

About the new record, Jamie said: "I just thought Interlude was a perfect title for the album 'cause this is genuinely my first proper jazz record. I can pretend that I've made albums like this before, but I haven't...Names like Alice and John Coltrane, Nina and Billie and Sarah - they're all touchstones for 'Interlude'."

8. Welp, this is incredible.
  9. ^ everyone's raving about Royal Blood but I don't see the charm. They have some real good tunes but overall I think they're pretty overblown right now.

^^ great news about that Jamie Cullum album, Tim!! A little more jazzy and a bit less poppy is what he needs right now, it will be fantastic. Hope to see him in the next tour - this time I'm not gonna miss it! Last time I bought tix for my parents bc I had to work that night, and they rate it as one of the best concerts they've attended in their lives... And they've seen Michael Jackson, U2 x4, Dire Straits x2, etc. So I'm really looking forward to it!

10. Amazing and incredible, I hear catchy tunes like from Invisible :)
    Their new LP, Big Music coming out in October :)
  11. Originally posted by iTim:New Jamie Cullum album in October.

The new album is a collection of twelve tracks, cribbed (mostly) from the earliest days of jazz, recorded simply in one room, with incredible musicians, like it used to be. Interlude was produced by Ben Lamdin and recorded live in the studio with twenty musicians, in just three days total.

Those words at 8:21