1. Here's the audio for those who haven't listened to it...

[Audience member] Are we ever gonna hear Acrobat played live? [big audience applause]

[Edge]: You know we've had a few requests for Acrobat recently so we have to take that one out and learn how to play it. I remember recording that one and it actually came together pretty quickly, so maybe...
    [Bono reciting first lines of Acrobat]

2. I'm surprised Bono remembered the words.

3. My first thought too...weird...maybe they have been working on it already
  4. Héhé, he sometimes forgets a line or 2 live, but he isn't stupid
  5. Come on, even I as a fan not having listened to it for a while, would have trouble remembering those lines on the spot. It's not a live song so he hasn't been singing it much since ZooTV days...it IS weird :p
  6. Probably if he had sung more than 2 lines he would have screw it up, like ASOH in Elevation.
  7. 1) He had half a minute between the question and his quote.
    2) It's his job to write songs. It's HIS song. He'll probably remember something.
    3) People have asked this question multiple times. I remember he quoted it as an answer before.

But yeah like Cesar said, I wouldn't bet any money on him singing the whole song instantly
  8. It was so quick too. To me it wasn't a random line plucked from the back of his mind, it was a comedic response to what Edge said: "Don't believe what you hear..."
  9. Yea I guess..

Originally posted by iTim:It was so quick too. To me it wasn't a random line plucked from the back of his mind, it was a comedic response to what Edge said: "Don't believe what you hear..."

That's how it seemed to me as well. Nice joke too...we should send him lyrics from "So Cruel" in response
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Here's the audio for those who haven't listened to it...

[Audience member] Are we ever gonna hear Acrobat played live? [big audience applause]

[Edge]: You know we've had a few requests for Acrobat recently so we have to take that one out and learn how to play it. I remember recording that one and it actually came together pretty quickly, so maybe...
    [Bono reciting first lines of Acrobat]

[html]<iframe width="580" height="115" src="http://www.goear.com/embed/sound/465a878" marginheight="0" align="top" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/html]

There you have it, folks. Your live performance of Acrobat.
  11. Are there any opinions of why Acrobat never played live before?

I am not a musician or singer but it seems to me that technically Acrobat is not so complicated to play. This in comparing to Red Hill Miningtown.

Acrobat is my U2 top 5 ever, so please please U2 play Acrobat fullband live on the next tour.
  12. I have listened to the audio of the Jools Holland show and the opening of Volcano and the opening guitar is very like the opening of Acobat so heres hoping