1. I can see them playing it and we all slate it for being too slow or the solo isn't good or bono can't remember lyrics...

Major disappointment after 23 years of waiting.
  2. Unfortunately, I agree.
  3. heh, probably. which is why I like the idea of acrobat never being played
  4. Its such a same they never played it during Zoo TV.

But still I would love to hear it now, even when a song isn't played great it still is good to hear it. For example Mercy during 360, the live versions weren't very great but it still nice to hear it imo.
  5. Originally posted by zooropa93:I can see them playing it and we all slate it for being too slow or the solo isn't good or bono can't remember lyrics...

Major disappointment after 23 years of waiting.
    I agree, but a mediocre performance will always be better than no performance at all in my opinion. Mercy is a good example as pointed out by Bart, but also Your Blue Room, Electrical Storm and many other rarities that the band finally tried out live. Some worked, some didn't, but at least they tried. And for God's sake, they KNOW their fans are waiting for Acrobat... It would be just a gesture. You want us to play it? There we go, there you got it. We might fuck it up but hey, at least we tried right?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I agree, but a mediocre performance will always be better than no performance at all in my opinion. Mercy is a good example as pointed out by Bart, but also Your Blue Room, Electrical Storm and many other rarities that the band finally tried out live. Some worked, some didn't, but at least they tried. And for God's sake, they KNOW their fans are waiting for Acrobat... It would be just a gesture. You want us to play it? There we go, there you got it. We might fuck it up but hey, at least we tried right?
    Agree . and if they would play it sure they will be people who hate or love the live version
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Here's the audio for those who haven't listened to it...

[Audience member] Are we ever gonna hear Acrobat played live? [big audience applause]

[Edge]: You know we've had a few requests for Acrobat recently so we have to take that one out and learn how to play it. I remember recording that one and it actually came together pretty quickly, so maybe...
    [Bono reciting first lines of Acrobat]

[html]<iframe width="580" height="115" src="http://www.goear.com/embed/sound/465a878" marginheight="0" align="top" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/html]

Just a few more requests for it now eh
  8. Well, some songs didn't work live, like Electrical Storm, maybe Your Blue Room (i like the live version, but studio sounds better to me)..

But remember... Zooropa was played in a complete form for the first time on 360 tour and this was an epic win!!!!