1. In my opinion, his voice is the thing that's changed the absolute least. The brothers/cousin adapted their playing styles from a grit-filled rodeo rock to a modern summer-rock feel. The guitars are unarguably the hugest change. His voice kept them in the southern-style rock feel...the only thing, in my mind, that's really stayed the same.
  2. I was muddy with my words there. I meant his voice has remained mostly the same but equally suits both styles that the band have explored.
  3. i was the same after 1 listen, thought every song was like the one b4 and it was all boring. But now ive heard em all a few times i really like the album, 1st 4 songs r great, Pyro especially. No Money, poney up and pickup track r other early favs
  4. I've got the same, at first I thought: No this isnt good. But now I really like the album especially Pickup Truck and Pyro
  5. Lots of annoying choruses. Pyro and Mary especially. The End is the standout track for me at present.
  6. Like the new album, the first 5 tracks are superb imo. Not sure about the rest yet.
  7. I hate the national postal service (aka. Royal Mail). Can't deliver anything to save themself. I'm dying to hear this new album.
  8. ^ where'd you pre-order it from? i got mine from HMV and it arrived early if anything.

i reckon it's better than youth and young manhood and only by the night, but not quite as good as aha or because of the times.
  9. Originally posted by wangmaster:^ where'd you pre-order it from? i got mine from HMV and it arrived early if anything.

i reckon it's better than youth and young manhood and only by the night, but not quite as good as aha or because of the times.

cd-wow. It was going cheap I think. Ordered it ages ago. Shoulda got it from play.com.
  10. Just listened to the album for the first time.

Don't really like the album, except from about 3 songs. I don't think it's an album I'll get to like either. It's really repetitive and I hate repetitive albums. What also annoys me about this album is that there isn't really any great rockers. There's not a Four Kicks or a Red Morning Light anymore. Radioactive is by far my favourite song on the album.
  11. Originally posted by KieranU2:Just listened to the album for the first time.

Don't really like the album, except from about 3 songs. I don't think it's an album I'll get to like either. It's really repetitive and I hate repetitive albums. What also annoys me about this album is that there isn't really any great rockers. There's not a Four Kicks or a Red Morning Light anymore. Radioactive is by far my favourite song on the album.

Give "Immortals" a chance live- trust me, I've seen it, and takes another dimension when that half-time chorus blasts you in the face. Not a rocker like "Four Kicks", but will definitely be a setlist staple and something to look forward to on tour.
  12. Immortals and pick up truck are decent . The rest is poo . So annoyed . Was expecting something great