1. I know thats for Kieran but im roughly....400/500 yards away from the Stadium.

Good point you make though Kieran, Hampden has had the monopoly on Scottish gigs in the last 10 years as it has been seriously undercutting the competition in terms of cost. Hampden was a close to free rental by all accounts.

Now the thought of U2 at Murrayfield again - Popmart memories are flooding back!!

p.s I assue you they'll be a U2 Start party at my house if the show comes off!!!!

2. 5-10 minute bus journey, if not, 30 minute walking.

Originally posted by PEDRO67:I know thats for Kieran but im roughly....400/500 yards away from the Stadium.

Good point you make though Kieran, Hampden has had the monopoly on Scottish gigs in the last 10 years as it has been seriously undercutting the competition in terms of cost. Hampden was a close to free rental by all accounts.

Now the thought of U2 at Murrayfield again - Popmart memories are flooding back!!

p.s I assue you they'll be a U2 Start party at my house if the show comes off!!!!

So, do you live around the Roseburn area, I take it?

I've been fed up of all gigs in Hampden. Take That are playing 2 nights there, which is a good thing actually. But bands like U2 and Coldplay need to start coming back/to Murrayfield because it's a bigger stadium (and more convinent for me )

U2 at Murrayfield would be magic.
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

5-10 minute bus journey, if not, 30 minute walking.

[..]

So, do you live around the Roseburn area, I take it?

I've been fed up of all gigs in Hampden. Take That are playing 2 nights there, which is a good thing actually. But bands like U2 and Coldplay need to start coming back/to Murrayfield because it's a bigger stadium (and more convinent for me )

U2 at Murrayfield would be magic.

I'm at Western Corner

4. Well that is very ideal if you want to go to a concert at Murrayfield. Are you going to Kings of Leon next year at Murrayfield?
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

Well that is very ideal if you want to go to a concert at Murrayfield. Are you going to Kings of Leon next year at Murrayfield?

Hmmm - Im not sure Kieran...

Saw them last time round at the SECC and whilst they were good live, it was full of teenage girls screaming for Sex on Fire for 2 hours!

I dunno if KOL will pull it off in a venue like Murrayfield to be honest.

6. Originally posted by PEDRO67:[..]

Saw them last time round at the SECC and whilst they were good live, it was full of teenage girls screaming for Sex on Fire for 2 hours!

Same as my experiences. Dead crowd until Sex on Fire, dead again then mad for Use Somebody. Wouldn't go see them again. Not cheap either.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Same as my experiences. Dead crowd until Sex on Fire, dead again then mad for Use Somebody. Wouldn't go see them again. Not cheap either.

Totally Ger,

To quote my nephew last night: "I remember them with the long hair and beards opening for us in 2005. Now theyre a bunch of fannies"

A tad harsh maybe but I take his point!!
  8. Originally posted by PEDRO67:[..]

Teenage girls with KOL? Oh my..thought the Backstreet Boys had their time.
    Wanna go there when they visit Holland though.
  9. Awh they would announce a date in Slane 2 days before my exams begin..