1. Originally posted by Hans23[..]

indeed, unless they changed it's style, its just always seems the same

indeed........ I can't even imagine it being different now lol
  2. Last night on earth seems to have fallen out of favor since PopMart, that should make a comeback
  3. Originally posted by WojBhoyHmm, I won't deny that Bullet is a great song, but it's got to be the most overplayed...it's been played at 99%, if not every show since JT started up...and people go on about Pride being overplayed

Like I say, don't get me wrong, one does very much like BTBS but I do think it should be used a bit more sparingly over the next tour...

I guess people tend to think pride is more overplayed, because it always sounds the same. unlike bullets, which either sounds a little different from tour to tour OR bono's performance changes.
  4. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

re-introduce TUF, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, One Tree Hill, Seconds, ASOH, Discotheque.

Agree, every word.

I'm in the "Drop Bullet" camp. It's been reworked too many times for each tour, and you can't beat the ZooTV or Elevation versions.
  5. Don't want to spoil the fun, but don't we already have a 'What song do you want next tour'-topic?
    I got the feeling that this is the same....

BTW I want Mofo and Electrical Storm....
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild[..]

I guess people tend to think pride is more overplayed, because it always sounds the same. unlike bullets, which either sounds a little different from tour to tour OR bono's performance changes.

Or maybe because it was played 101 times more often...
  7. I hate to be a stick in the mud here, but one thing most of you are forgetting is that the band is all about the future of their music. They don't look to the past too much, Bono even say's it in the Chicago dvd. I know once and a while they surprise people and play something like The Ocean, or Gloria, but you have to understand those songs were still sort of in the genre they were experimenting with on HTDAAB. They were sort of Rock/Punk. If they had pulled out a song like Mofo, or Hawkmoon 269 on the last tour, it would have been awesome, but to be honest it wouldn't have fit in.
    Example: I saw an interview with Bono during the ZOOTV tour, and he was asked "Fans are wondering why you aren't playing the older songs like New Years Day and I Will Follow or other songs like that" And he said, "We don't want to. They just aren't where we're at right now"
    I saw an interview with the Edge and he was asked the same sort of question, and he said the same thing. I think it's like that all the time for them. They always want to stick with the time they're in.

BUT, I would LOVE to see some UF songs come back!!! Call me hypocritical, but if they pulled out Unforgettable Fire, or Homecoming, I would literally pee my pants.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988I hate to be a stick in the mud here, but one thing most of you are forgetting is that the band is all about the future of their music. They don't look to the past too much,

I guess that's why they rework and re-release their whole backcatalogue...
  9. Originally posted by yeah[..]Or maybe because it was played 101 times more often...

Can't help that Pride came out 3 years earlier, and had a whole tour more
  10. I just want to be surprised.......went to see Bruce Springsteen a couple of months ago and it was great because I really did not know what song was coming next.

Went to 9 shows on the last tour and whist it was great and their were amazing moments in all shows, their were a few times when it felt like going through the motions.

For me Pride and New Years Day can go, would love Unforgetable Fire and In Gods Country (full band)

Guess it is always difficult as the light show etc is so scripted....more of the ZOO TV style madness would be awesome
  11. Originally posted by ArtVandelayI just want to be surprised.......went to see Bruce Springsteen a couple of months ago and it was great because I really did not know what song was coming next.

I think that Springsteen is a perfect example of what I would like. He doesn't play every hit every night. Sure you get Born to Run and Badlands, but he mixes up not only what old songs he plays every show, but also where he plays them. Keep Streets and One in the setlist permanently, and rotate the rest. Sure there is bound to be disappointment for someone who is seeing U2 for the first time and has their heart set on hearing New Years Day, but its not only first timers in the crowd!
  12. Originally posted by notcomingdown[..]

I think that Springsteen is a perfect example of what I would like. He doesn't play every hit every night. Sure you get Born to Run and Badlands, but he mixes up not only what old songs he plays every show, but also where he plays them. Keep Streets and One in the setlist permanently, and rotate the rest. Sure there is bound to be disappointment for someone who is seeing U2 for the first time and has their heart set on hearing New Years Day, but its not only first timers in the crowd!

My thoughts exactly.

I personally, though, want everything from the next tour.