1. *Bump

Some of the guys were talking about Bullet during Vertigo in another topic and it got me thinkin'......

Bullet is one of the only songs to be a regular staple on tour since it was recorded...probably that, Pride, Streets and One are the only ones.

Should Bullet be trashed in favour of something else or does it deserve a reworking next tour?

It sounded a bit stale during Vertigo compared to Elevation when it had some interesting snippets and political raps from Bono as well as the Guns intro.

What do you guys think?
  2. Aussiemofo, you bumped just before me...

Oh well, let me repaet myself oncemore....:

I think that it is really time to DROP 'Bullet the Blue Sky' from the setlist ! It was there on EVERY tour from 1987 and I really don't want this tour to sound like a predictable 'greatest hits' tour. Instead it should be new, fresh, exciting!

Interested to hear what you guys think about this!
  3. Originally posted by u2joostAussiemofo, you bumped just before me...

Oh well, let me repaet myself oncemore....:

I think that it is really time to DROP 'Bullet the Blue Sky' from the setlist ! It was there on EVERY tour from 1987 and I really don't want this tour to sound like a predictable 'greatest hits' tour. Instead it should be new, fresh, exciting!

Interested to hear what you guys think about this!

Sorry mate...Bullet is always featured during U2's "political set"on tour so it would be a big call to leave it out. It got a great makeover during Pop and as I said it was interesting during Elevation. Maybe they could speed it up a bit next time round. It sounded very slow during Vertigo.
  4. I wanna pure Rock'n'Roll entertainment ....that's ZooTV for me
  5. Originally posted by aussiemofo*Bump

Some of the guys were talking about Bullet during Vertigo in another topic and it got me thinkin'......

Bullet is one of the only songs to be a regular staple on tour since it was recorded...probably that, Pride, Streets and One are the only ones.

Should Bullet be trashed in favour of something else or does it deserve a reworking next tour?

It sounded a bit stale during Vertigo compared to Elevation when it had some interesting snippets and political raps from Bono as well as the Guns intro.

What do you guys think?

Rework, although I kinda liked the Vertigo-performances. Skip Pride for the upcoming 8 years, re-introduce TUF, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, One Tree Hill, Seconds, ASOH, Discotheque.

That's all I want...
  6. for me bullet is a must. it varied on almost every tour.
    one & pride though could take a break for once.
  7. Originally posted by flowerchildfor me bullet is a must. it varied on almost every tour.
    one & pride though could take a break for once.

Bullet The Blue Sky MUST STAY

and so must One
  8. I dont see why bullet should stay. For the hard fan it is over played and bland (unless they popmart it again) and its hardly a sing along tune for the casual fan though. One and Pride are ones to sing along to at least (even if theyre shit)
  9. Originally posted by germcevoyI dont see why bullet should stay. For the hard fan it is over played and bland (unless they popmart it again) and its hardly a sing along tune for the casual fan though. One and Pride are ones to sing along to at least (even if theyre shit)

I don't know how many million times I've listened to bullet, but still I don't get tired of it it's simply one of my favourites.

and why does it need to be a sing along song?
    they got quite a few of that on tour, so I don't see why bullet can't be in between.
    it always got a brilliant guitar solo, sometimes some nice snippets (I really enjoyed the hands that built.../johnny comes marching home version - gave me the shivers) and something for the audience to look at (minor factor, but whatever) like bono using the spot light on either edge or the audience, the balancing act with the umbrella during popmart or the whole COEXIST thing.

pride and one, on the other hand, have never been -that- inventive (if at all? someone remind me), always stayed mostly the same as far as I can remember. I know they're 'classics' but imo next to bullet they're weaker.
  10. i just want the next tour to be in my country so i wont have to travel to another country like i did in the vertigo tour.
  11. Im not sayin bullet has to be a sing along. I just think its hit a brick wall during vertigo and is just bland and routine. For that reason, (and the fact its been played a million times) i dont think it will excite the die hards and the casuals would be off to the beer tent. . . . If they rework it tho then im all ears
  12. I don't like BTBS live. Bono always makes the chorus sound terrible. He simply can't sing it well