1. Originally posted by flowerchild[..]

I don't know how many million times I've listened to bullet, but still I don't get tired of it it's simply one of my favourites.

and why does it need to be a sing along song?
    they got quite a few of that on tour, so I don't see why bullet can't be in between.
    it always got a brilliant guitar solo, sometimes some nice snippets (I really enjoyed the hands that built.../johnny comes marching home version - gave me the shivers) and something for the audience to look at (minor factor, but whatever) like bono using the spot light on either edge or the audience, the balancing act with the umbrella during popmart or the whole COEXIST thing.

pride and one, on the other hand, have never been -that- inventive (if at all? someone remind me), always stayed mostly the same as far as I can remember. I know they're 'classics' but imo next to bullet they're weaker.

Nice post.
    I won't die in a ditch if they leave Bullet out but I'd be ok if it's still included because, as you say, it has been used for different purposes and for different effects. It can be easily applied to the band's political message of the day.
  2. OK, wishlist:

The Unforgettable Fire
    One Tree Hill
    Please
    Electrical Storm (!!!!!!!!!!)
    A sort of Homecoming
    Gone
    Discotheque
    All Because of You
    The Fly
    Ultra Violet
    Streets
    With or Without You
    Tomorrow
    New songs
    Stay (Faraway, so close)
    If God would send his angels
    Love is Blindness

As you can see, I'm easy to please...
  3. Originally posted by u2joostOK, wishlist:

The Unforgettable Fire
    One Tree Hill
    Please
    Electrical Storm (!!!!!!!!!!)
    A sort of Homecoming
    Gone
    Discotheque
    All Because of You
    The Fly
    Ultra Violet
    Streets
    With or Without You
    Tomorrow
    New songs
    Stay (Faraway, so close)
    If God would send his angels
    Love is Blindness

As you can see, I'm easy to please...

+Acrobat, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Originally posted by yuri31[..]

+Acrobat, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh YES, offcourse, Sorry I forgot that one!
  5. Originally posted by u2joost[..]

Oh YES, offcourse, Sorry I forgot that one!

6. Originally posted by germcevoyi dont think it will excite the die hards and the casuals would be off to the beer tent. . . . If they rework it tho then im all ears

hmm, what's a 'die hard' fan? let's better not start discussing that..
    but yeah, everyone got their favourites, I guess, and bullet is one of mine, so no surprise I'm all for it, haha!
  7. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

Nice post.
    I won't die in a ditch if they leave Bullet out but I'd be ok if it's still included because, as you say, it has been used for different purposes and for different effects. It can be easily applied to the band's political message of the day.

exactly
  8. Hmm, I won't deny that Bullet is a great song, but it's got to be the most overplayed...it's been played at 99%, if not every show since JT started up...and people go on about Pride being overplayed

Like I say, don't get me wrong, one does very much like BTBS but I do think it should be used a bit more sparingly over the next tour...
  9. Some of the classics would need a break. I personally could live without Pride, Streets, One and New Year's Day.
    Then again, a bunch of people go to the concerts to hear exactly these songs... Would be nice if they alternate 1 or 2 of these and add something else.
  10. Originally posted by yeahSome of the classics would need a break. I personally could live without Pride, Streets, One and New Year's Day.
    Then again, a bunch of people go to the concerts to hear exactly these songs... Would be nice if they alternate 1 or 2 of these and add something else.

I could deffinately go without Pride
  11. Originally posted by U2Nick[..]

I could deffinately go without Pride

indeed, unless they changed it's style, its just always seems the same
  12. Originally posted by yeahSome of the classics would need a break. I personally could live without Pride, Streets, One and New Year's Day.

The only one of these that I would not like to miss is New Year's day.