Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. CBL
  2. Be brave, be determined, overcome the odds. It can be done.
  3. I've been saying Beautiful Day should be dropped for ages, but I listened to it again recently and quite enjoyed it. I still think it should be put aside for something better. COBL sounded so tired during i+e, that and Beautiful Day together was a snore-fest.
  4. A shame they dropped Miracle Drug (rotation song with COBL). And beautiful day needs a rest, I agree.
  5. Really hoping (thinking) they do the album in sequence. One Tree Hill will be the moment for me to feel the goosebumps and tear up. I live in Arizona and had tickets for the $5 show at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe in 87 (and easily could have gotten a ticket to the 2nd night), but if you watch Rattle & Hum close, you can see it is rather cold. Well, in my little town in Northern Arizona, it snowed 2 feet and my parents didn't let me go (I was 15) because the roads were trash.

Outside JT? I am not expecting a lot, TBH, based on the last few tours (I have not missed since that JT miss). I would be floored if they stuck with the era and gave us some R&H stuff...

6. I guess Beautiful Day is their only hit since the 90's so it's not going anywhere !!
  7. And vertigo.

One thing is for sure though and that is that this tor represents the biggest set list conundrum of the bands career, especially for a band who micro manage every little detail. There has to be a fine balance between the theme of the show and playing these modern big hits. Very intriguing times.
  8. I also think the style of beautiful day and vertigo make it easy for them to slot into the setlist as opposed to discotheque which was also a big hit but has hardly featured since Popmart. As mentioned above I'm also quite intrigued by what balance they're going to strike between theme and hits, I definitely think some R&H tracks would fit in nicely, preferably some of the lesser played ones and it would maybe be the last chance for them to play them, a sort of homecoming can't have too many more opportunities to fit into a setlist either and then there's 11 o'clock tick tock which deserves to be a tour regular. I suppose these would be the only rarities as I can't see them playing anything post JT that hasn't featured regularly in recent years unless something from pop shows up which is unlikely.