Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. It's an ideal opportunity to get that dust off the old lemon and gliiterball (and a few Trabants too ! )
  2. How long...

40 days!
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    And vertigo.

One thing is for sure though and that is that this tor represents the biggest set list conundrum of the bands career, especially for a band who micro manage every little detail. There has to be a fine balance between the theme of the show and playing these modern big hits. Very intriguing times.

Yes Gerard but Beautiful Day is on the radio or some sports show at least once a week. I don't recall hearing Vertigo or Discotheque or any of the others on anything for many years
  4. Originally posted by treasure:[..]

Yes Gerard but Beautiful Day is on the radio or some sports show at least once a week. I don't recall hearing Vertigo or Discotheque or any of the others on anything for many years
    I can't see a setlist without Beautiful Day but inside I really want an 80's only set.

Either way I'll be happy. I'm only doing three shows (unless London 1 comes together somehow) so not much chance of getting a bit bored like I have when I've did my usual five shows in a month on the last two tours.

Dublin is going to be a great weekend.

5. I think of COBL as the last great anthem they made (hopefully SOE will include one). But live it is not what it was during Vertigo or NLOTH.
  6. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

I think of COBL as the last great anthem they made (hopefully SOE will include one). But live it is not what it was during Vertigo or NLOTH.
    Yeah dont dislike the song... just doesnt do much for me live these days like it did on previous tours.
  7. Any bets on the closer? I'm going to say "40" this time around, surely would have to close these shows?
  8. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

I think of COBL as the last great anthem they made (hopefully SOE will include one). But live it is not what it was during Vertigo or NLOTH.
    I agree it is the last great anthem they've made. The biggest problem for me during the I&E tour was it being played during the encore. I still enjoyed it but think it works best earlier in the set, it's one of the best openers I think they've done too. I could accept it being dropped for this tour but I'd rather have it over vertigo, beautiful day or elevation.