Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Yeah cant really argue with 40, unless they want to play 11 o'clock tick tock last which would be unbelievable.
  2. As the new year's day thread has had some hits recently, do you think they will play it on this tour?
  3. I'd be very surprised if they didn't, could end up getting played at every show which I don't mind, it's one I never get bored of.
  4. On this particular tour, I doubt there will be very much song rotation (maybe just a couple song swaps at the cities having multiple shows). I have no issue with this (why would I, I suppose, as I'm only going to one show?) but they better make NYD a staple. It's due.
  5. I think NYD is pretty likely they haven't played it much over the last few tours
  6. I know there' a setlist thread for this tour but I will reiterate what I'd like to see again here....Start with pre-JT songs/hits like IWF, Gloria, NYD, SBS, Pride, Bad...segue into full album....take a break and come back and play Desire, AoH, AIWIS, and maybe close with 40.

I'll say it again. It's what I'd like to see. Not going to say it's going to happen. However, the whole tour is nostalgia so why not keep the songs to a particular era (1980's) .... and heck, consider given them ALL (gasp!) a rest for the SoE tour.
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:I know there' a setlist thread for this tour but I will reiterate what I'd like to see again here....Start with pre-JT songs/hits like IWF, Gloria, NYD, SBS, Pride, Bad...segue into full album....take a break and come back and play Desire, AoH, AIWIS, and maybe close with 40.

I'll say it again. It's what I'd like to see. Not going to say it's going to happen. However, the whole tour is nostalgia so why not keep the songs to a particular era (1980's) .... and heck, consider given them ALL (gasp!) a rest for the SoE tour.
    I think those choices are somewhat realistic to be honest. If they play Bad I can accept anything else!
  8. I think 40 is a safe bet, but maybe it will rotate with Bad or AIWIY for shows with 2 shows.
  9. Imagine AIWIY-Bad-40 as the sequence to close......
    I think that rotation idea may be possible though. Doing Bad or AIWIY into Streets would be epic... I love those songs together. They may want more distinction before starting JT though....

Id actually rather songs like BD where in the front half of the set. I think they wokr better there than the encore.
  10. Those Elevation tour performances of Bad or AIWIY into Streets (namely the DVD versions) are held in high regard around here - and rightfully so.

I got both Bad (finally!) and AIWIY (first time since '92) on the i&e tour so if they were to rotate these two songs I wouldn't/couldn't complain.
  11. Originally posted by hello123:[..]
    Imagine AIWIY-Bad-40 as the sequence to close......
    I think that rotation idea may be possible though. Doing Bad or AIWIY into Streets would be epic... I love those songs together. They may want more distinction before starting JT though....

Id actually rather songs like BD where in the front half of the set. I think they wokr better there than the encore.
    They could open with it (BD) and be over with it.
  12. Yeah BD IWF kinda thing.... I could live it like that.