Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Does anyone on here feel hopeful about the possibility of heartland being played on the tour? I'm just thinking about the edge mentioning it in the q&a as a song that nearly made it. It's one of my favourites and I'd love to hear it live but I have the worry that they'll try it in the u.s. and ditch it for Europe due to what the songs about.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Does anyone on here feel hopeful about the possibility of heartland being played on the tour? I'm just thinking about the edge mentioning it in the q&a as a song that nearly made it. It's one of my favourites and I'd love to hear it live but I have the worry that they'll try it in the u.s. and ditch it for Europe due to what the songs about.
    If Bono couldn't sing it in 1989, I doubt he'd be able to sing it now. It's like Red Hill Mining Town. They'd have to re do it some how.

It'll be interesting what will be dropped/changed within a week, between Cleveland and London.
  3. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    If Bono couldn't sing it in 1989, I doubt he'd be able to sing it now. It's like Red Hill Mining Town. They'd have to re do it some how.

It'll be interesting what will be dropped/changed within a week, between Cleveland and London.
    That's my thinking though, I didn't believe we'd ever get RHMT live so I'm thinking if that's possible then why not. I'm going to the 1st night in London so in a way I'm looking forward to the setlist maybe being changed slightly but also worried about what might get dropped.
  4. I'm afraid of that. Very afraid.

5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That's my thinking though, I didn't believe we'd ever get RHMT live so I'm thinking if that's possible then why not. I'm going to the 1st night in London so in a way I'm looking forward to the setlist maybe being changed slightly but also worried about what might get dropped.
    See you there! it's going to be a big night that, being the opening night of the European leg, I think they will change things up a little bit to adhere to Europe, I'd love to see some more Achtung Baby in the set for europe.

Zoo Station pretty please!
  6. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]
    See you there! it's going to be a big night that, being the opening night of the European leg, I think they will change things up a little bit to adhere to Europe, I'd love to see some more Achtung Baby in the set for europe.

Zoo Station pretty please!
    You don't think the AB would be off topic this time ?!? I really hope not, but i thought they would do more pre-JT songs than they others.
    What do you think ? Am I totally wrong ?
  7. For me personally I don't want hear any of AB during the JT tour. (except Acrobat of course). AB is already played a lot and their enough U2 songs of the '80 which I would like to hear.
  8. One and Mysterious Ways will be 99.99% in the greatest hits big slot i guess
  9. Yes ... These AB songs are playeda lot...They need a rest ! I would love to hear only songs from the 80's :-)
  10. I was just thinking the same thing this morning. "This is the last night we'll play the River in full, we're going to open up the set for Europe" could well happen all over again !!