Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by treasure:[..]
    I was just thinking the same thing this morning. "This is the last night we'll play the River in full, we're going to open up the set for Europe" could well happen all over again !!
    Aw, hurts to read and think about it

But as Joost says, we could very well ask for our money back if it happens, because -unlike The Boss with The River, which was only featured in the tour's title- they have advertised the tour as "every song, every night" so if they eventually back down and start dropping songs one could very well claim a false advertising infringement - at least here in Spain (I know it may vary between countries).
  2. When I said I was worried about setlist changes I meant more along the lines of the non JT tracks. I really can't see them dropping any JT songs, I think they're looking forward to playing the album every night of the tour.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:When I said I was worried about setlist changes I meant more along the lines of the non JT tracks. I really can't see them dropping any JT songs, I think they're looking forward to playing the album every night of the tour.
    I hope so. I don't think the other songs will change much either, the ocassional B-side or "40" here and there, and then the hits will remain the same throughout the tour I think (both the 80s and the 90-00's hits).
  4. No need, a week isn't enough time for U2 to come up with something new. For Bruce it's kind of a way of making live music to change things up and come up with new songs during a tour. U2 never changed a lot during a tour and especially not in one single week where they have to travel between continents, overcome a jetlag etc.

So I believe Europe is safe to see the same setlist as the States, maybe like you said some minor changes every now and then.
  5. i'd be more worried they'll prune a few branches after Vancouver
  6. I would like them to rest the Achtung Baby stuff a bit as well.... unless Edge plays MW with the solo of course.... I say this in the hope that they can then hopefully bring the tunes back with a bit more life on the next tour, like what we seen with Pride and Bullet best versions in ages after they sat most of 360 (I know Pride was played but it was hardly a staple) out.

I would say that One, MW and UTTEOFW (I loved what they did with that on IE so that can stay) will get played at the very least. Zoo Station I would loose it I really want to hear that one, but I don't think it will fit in with the rest of the show and its not really a "hit" like MW and One.

As a side not I really hope they rest COBL. Of all the 2000's stuff I would love Kite to come back.... not gonna happen though. Other than JT will just be the hitz. I also dunno how Bono would go singing Kite these days.
  7. I hope they flush COBL and Beautiful Day down the toilet, they need a rest.
  8. COBL is likely. Beautiful Day is not likely. They will always play Beautiful Day I guess.
  9. COBL needs more than a rest. It needs to be retired.
  10. Well, These days U2 will always go for a safe route.
    Opening song for the new tour will be Desire, then Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, Pride bla bla bla bla.
    So nothing to worry about, Tim.