1. They're going to mix it up BIG for Europe.
  2. Originally posted by gurtholfin:[..]
    It would be nice to see I Will Follow thrown into the mix with those songs for rotation. Who at this point needs or wants I Will Follow in every freaking show?

Have slot 2 and 4 be old rotators.

I have to say that I'm disappointed and bored with this tour at this point. Was excited when they were initially talking about a two night run where they'd do two different shows.

Unfortunately they went back to what's safe and that's the same setlist night after night.

-Yawn-

I really liked the show I went to, but don't even mind that I couldn't make the second one that I had bought as it would have been 95% the same.

Hopefully they can reinvent it before Europe.

My wife and I saw them twice in NY. I was a little worried about seeing such a similar show on back-to-back nights.
    I was waaaay wrong. Show was just as incredible second night as it was the first.
  3. I've no doubt I'd have enjoyed it had I gone. Being there matters.

Just don't feel bad that I didn't.
  4. Do you remember when they said they were fed up with being a jukebox after Lovetown when they mixed the songs up and the order quite a bit, ZOO was about performing the songs that they wanted and how they fitted in with the show, that's what we had with popmart too and we never moaned and these were more static than this tour's sets... We are seeing some great performances, lots of fun, rare songs being played so let's just enjoy it.
  5. Originally posted by zooropa93:Do you remember when they said they were fed up with being a jukebox after Lovetown when they mixed the songs up and the order quite a bit, ZOO was about performing the songs that they wanted and how they fitted in with the show, that's what we had with popmart too and we never moaned and these were more static than this tour's sets... We are seeing some great performances, lots of fun, rare songs being played so let's just enjoy it.
  6. They can do what they want - obviously. They've earned that right. Power to 'em.

They've had mostly static setlists from day 1.

U2 hasn't changed... I have.
  7. Originally posted by gurtholfin:They can do what they want - obviously. They've earned that right. Power to 'em.

They've had mostly static setlists from day 1.

U2 hasn't changed... I have.
    Rejoice!
  8. Originally posted by zooropa93:Do you remember when they said they were fed up with being a jukebox after Lovetown when they mixed the songs up and the order quite a bit, ZOO was about performing the songs that they wanted and how they fitted in with the show, that's what we had with popmart too and we never moaned and these were more static than this tour's sets... We are seeing some great performances, lots of fun, rare songs being played so let's just enjoy it.
    I think people are more anxious and yearning for more rarity and more surprises because U2 is going to retire soon. They had so much time in the 90's and during Zoo TV, the Joshua Tree was only 5 years old. That's like U2 playing Magnificent or No Line now. It's still fresh and still cool to hear. I mean, the earliest song they played during Zoo TV was Pride for a while. Not even 10 years old at the time. That's why I think it was more acceptable for them to have a standard setlist back then because even the "old" songs they were playing were still new.
  9. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    I think people are more anxious and yearning for more rarity and more surprises because U2 is going to retire soon. They had so much time in the 90's and during Zoo TV, the Joshua Tree was only 5 years old. That's like U2 playing Magnificent or No Line now. It's still fresh and still cool to hear. I mean, the earliest song they played during Zoo TV was Pride for a while. Not even 10 years old at the time. That's why I think it was more acceptable for them to have a standard setlist back then because even the "old" songs they were playing were still new.
    The setlist was heavily dictated by the technology of the shows in the 90's also. Much the same as the 1st half of the show is now.
  10. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    The setlist was heavily dictated by the technology of the shows in the 90's also. Much the same as the 1st half of the show is now.
    I LOVE the first half of the show. Raised By Woves into Until The End Of The World is so powerful, it's impossible not to jump up and down and get pumped up. I just wish there was more rotation during the e stage section and a different encore. One is an amazing closer, really well done this tour, but Streets is just weird to me. I think it would be better opening the encore rather than the second song.
  11. Of course, because it was a European idea. Not saying it still is, but all the settlers came from Europe with this idea of building a new society...

Anyway, if BTBS is still in the set, I think RTSS or Miss Sarajevo is more obvious than THTBA...

12. That's what I've been trying to say. We're all products of over there somewhere down the line. So when you hate on us, look in the mirror! LOL

We get to carry each other...