1. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    I think people are more anxious and yearning for more rarity and more surprises because U2 is going to retire soon. They had so much time in the 90's and during Zoo TV, the Joshua Tree was only 5 years old. That's like U2 playing Magnificent or No Line now. It's still fresh and still cool to hear. I mean, the earliest song they played during Zoo TV was Pride for a while. Not even 10 years old at the time. That's why I think it was more acceptable for them to have a standard setlist back then because even the "old" songs they were playing were still new.
    I liked it when they had a set closer. 40. Love Is Blindness. Walk On. Moment of Surrender.

They rotated closers a few time, but all of them gelled. It seems like they are unsure of how the show should end this time around. Maybe they'll get that worked out in Europe. ISHFWILF definitely is not working as a show ender...
  2. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    I think people are more anxious and yearning for more rarity and more surprises because U2 is going to retire soon. They had so much time in the 90's and during Zoo TV, the Joshua Tree was only 5 years old. That's like U2 playing Magnificent or No Line now. It's still fresh and still cool to hear. I mean, the earliest song they played during Zoo TV was Pride for a while. Not even 10 years old at the time. That's why I think it was more acceptable for them to have a standard setlist back then because even the "old" songs they were playing were still new.
    Doesn't matter how old the songs were/are, still didn't change the sets. I watched them in June 1992 then again in August 1993 and the set was the same except they replaced an Achtung song and replaced it with one from War and played a Zoorop song instead of a hit from Joshua Tree and still loved it.
  3. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Doesn't matter how old the songs were/are, still didn't change the sets. I watched them in June 1992 then again in August 1993 and the set was the same except they replaced an Achtung song and replaced it with one from War and played a Zoorop song instead of a hit from Joshua Tree and still loved it.
    Exactly. I'm saying instead of playing the hits, play something new. Like Volcano, California, Crystal Ballroom, and Lucifer's Hands are the rarity while Angel of Harlem and Desire haven't missed a city?? Of course I'd rather have rare songs like Two Hearts or October in the set, but I'd much rather hear the new stuff. Zoo TV had 8 songs from Achtung Baby played in a row on the first leg. Not counting the closer and when Zooropa songs started popping up. I've heard Beautiful Day, Angel of Harlem, Mysterious Ways, Desire, and With or Without You more than enough times. I just wish they would incorporate the new material in more. Like how is The Troubles not closing every show??
  4. Yes, I thought the new album would have been played almost in full except maybe Sleep Like a Baby, although that could fit. The 2nd half is a 'best of' where for the majority of time every song played has been a single, not including Bullet and I don't thing the Experiebce section will ever change that much.
  5. Originally posted by zooropa93:Yes, I thought the new album would have been played almost in full except maybe Sleep Like a Baby, although that could fit. The 2nd half is a 'best of' where for the majority of time every song played has been a single, not including Bullet and I don't thing the Experiebce section will ever change that much.
    But...but...
  6. Originally posted by zooropa93:Yes, I thought the new album would have been played almost in full except maybe Sleep Like a Baby, although that could fit. The 2nd half is a 'best of' where for the majority of time every song played has been a single, not including Bullet and I don't thing the Experiebce section will ever change that much.
    Basically they broke down the original concept of 2 different shows every night into 2 sets per night... with the 2nd set being the (majority of) crowd pleaser for the casual fan in the seats.
  7. I think it was Remy who pointed out a couple of months ago that the link between I Will Follow and Iris is pretty strong, so don't get your hopes up about dropping I Will Follow.
  8. Originally posted by bartajax:I think it was Remy who pointed out a couple of months ago that the link between I Will Follow and Iris is pretty strong, so don't get your hopes up about dropping I Will Follow.
    Thematically, it fits very well. Bono's speech that he wanted to follow his mother to the grave followed by Iris is amazing. It benefited even more with the Mofo snippet, because he considers following her to the grave and then wanders if he's "still [her] son?" after considering suicide.

Tomorrow could just as easily take I Will Follow's spot though .
  9. I love how we are talking about Europe setlists... I know there is a month gap but with only 2 U.S. gigs it is now feeling really close. Will make the setlist parties a lot more accessible
  10. 1. The Miracle
    2. The Fly / Out Of Control
    3. Vertigo
    4. I Will Follow
    5. Iris
    6. Cedarwood Road
    7. Song For Someone
    8. Sunday Bloody Sunday ( normal version )
    9. Raised By Wolves
    10. Until The End Of The World
    11. Invisible
    12. I Fall Down or New Years Day
    13. October or The Sweetest Thing
    14. Elevation or California or Ordinary Love
    15. I Still Haven't Found of Two Hearts Beat As One
    16. Every Breaking Wave
    17. Bullet The Blue Sky or Breathe
    18. Running To Stand Still or No Line On The Horizon
    19. Where The Streets Have No Name
    20. City Of Blinding Lights
    21. Beautiful Day
    22. With Or Without You or Ultra Violet
    23. One
    24. 40 or All I Want Is You
  11. Im guessing same rotations same songs as the USA maybe one or two other oldies thrown in over time........

12. Don't see Pride being back in somehow. Don't see Electric Co being performed. If we're to get it, it will be only be for 5 shows max.