1. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:[..]

Agree with you on a lot of this, one or two SoE songs will get a go on the E-stage. Would still rather both Ultraviolet and Until The End Of The World. Would feel a bit shite if they dropped one and not played the other. Ultraviolet back in the encore like Zoo TV and 360.

Both would be ideal, but I don't think there's room for both of them.

I like the idea of same album swap...

It's clear they are sticking with COBL (and I have no problem with that, either) but I still wouldn't mind seeing a HTDAAB rotation there also - Miracle Drug, Man And A Woman, One Step?)

Something has get to get sacrificed somewhere along the line... I'm just looking from my point of view if I was going back to back nights and had the option of the song 2 nights in a row, or one night 1 and the other night 2... i'll take the latter!
  2. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:[..]

Agree with you on a lot of this, one or two SoE songs will get a go on the E-stage. Would still rather both Ultraviolet and Until The End Of The World. Would feel a bit shite if they dropped one and not played the other. Ultraviolet back in the encore like Zoo TV and 360.

Both would be ideal, but I don't think there's room for both of them.

I like the idea of same album swap...

It's clear they are sticking with COBL (and I have no problem with that, either) but I still wouldn't mind seeing a HTDAAB rotation there also - Miracle Drug, Man And A Woman, One Step?)

Something has get to get sacrificed somewhere along the line... I'm just looking from my point of view if I was going back to back nights and had the option of the song 2 nights in a row, or one night 1 and the other night 2... i'll take the latter!
  3. Originally posted by bartajax:This probably isn't going to happen but it would be cool:

1. The Miracle
    2. Out Of Control / Gloria / Two Hearts Beat As One / Electric Co. / 11 O'Clock
    3. Vertigo / Elevation / Volcano
    4. I Will Follow / something else from Boy, Tim's idea is perfect
    5. Iris
    6. Cedarwood Road
    7. Song For Someone (We all need to have a toilet break)
    8. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Please
    9. Raised By Wolves
    10. Until The End Of The World
    ---------------------Intermission----------------------------
    11. Zoo Station / Invisible / Mofo
    12. Even Better Than The Real Thing / The Fly
    13. Discotheque / Mysterious Ways
    14, 15, 16. Mix it up. Some new songs, some old songs. Kite, STATS and accoustic NLOTH for example
    17. Bullet The Blue Sky
    18. Pride / Running To Standstill
    19. Beautiful Day
    20. With Or Without You / All I Want is You
    21. Where The Streets Have No Name (WITHOUT THE SPEECH)
    Encore
    22. A rock song (HMTMKMKM, LNOE, Gone, Acrobat, even The Fly etc.)
    23. The Troubles / Bad / Moment Of Surrender
    24. One / I Still Haven't Found / 40

COBL is overplayed and sounds tired, BD has the same effect on me but I know they will keep that. EBW full band is welcome, but the Edge and Bono version isn't. I really hope for some Pop stuff, also the more unknown songs on R&H are very welcome.

I think the first part of the set is very good, but the second part is too dependent on what the E-stage brings and if Bad or something else special shows up (imo of course) at least BTBS is great and Pride sounds better than the last tours. I think Streets really needs a good intro and not a speech, other than that I miss a rock song in the encore.

I think the first part of the set is very good, but the second part is too dependent on what the E-stage brings

Agreed. Too dependent and too generic. This is where they go their original tour concept of 1 night for the hits, 1 night for the fans... And it leans towards the casual fan crowd pleaser... (imo, anyway) We find it "safe" because we're fanboys (and gals) and WE know that Gone or Last Night On Earth would fit just as perfectly as EBTTRT or MW... But they have to give the minions what they want too and we have to sit back and accept and enjoy the ride!
  4. Miracle
    Gloria/Out of Control/Electric Co/Two Hearts
    Vertigo
    I will Follow/October-New Years Day
    Tommorow-Iris
    Cedarwood Road
    SFS
    SBS
    Raised by Wolves
    Until the end of the world
    Invisible
    Even better....
    Elevation
    Rotation : mysterious ways/ordinary love/volcano/crystal ballroom/angel of harlem/desire/Lucifer hands/magnificent /gone ( 2 songs each night )
    EBW
    Bullet-one step closer (snippet)
    Pride
    Beautiful Day
    Bad/all I want is you/Troubles
    Wowy
    ENCORE
    Miracle drugs
    Streets
    One/Found/Sleep like a baby tonight
  5. I've always had this thought, regardless of what city they're in, they should devote the night to one album (Song 2, 14 and 15 at least) from the same album. Not in order they can totally randomise it. This is keeping all sets of fans happy. So for example, the New York shows,
    Night 1 - Zooropa
    2 - How To Dismantle
    3 - Boy
    4 - Achtung Baby
    You get the idea and the order can change whenever they like
  6. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:I've always had this thought, regardless of what city they're in, they should devote the night to one album (Song 2, 14 and 15 at least) from the same album. Not in order they can totally randomise it. This is keeping all sets of fans happy. So for example, the New York shows,
    Night 1 - Zooropa
    2 - How To Dismantle
    3 - Boy
    4 - Achtung Baby
    You get the idea and the order can change whenever they like
  7. Even while U2 is in Europe, you will be told that America is an idea.
  8. And we'll still laugh.
  9. Referring to a previous comment I made

"Where are the hands that built America"
    *Everyone raises their hands
    "Where are the hands to rebuild America"
    *Everyone puts their hands down
  10. If NYC 8 is meant to be amazing as it sounds, do you think we'll get an announcement of SoE or will it be after Paris at the earliest we'll hear of an announcement