1. Id also be off to the movies if there was anything worth seeing....relating to the show...the stadium looks so cool. Like they just made a stadium in the middle of a racetrack. Awesome stuff.
  2. Can't believe Zooropa's a regular <3 and I still get goosebumps when I see youtubed video of it live
  3. probably not a bad thing it's a standardised setlist tonight so hopefully get some surprises in tomorrows broadcast

4. I had a message from a friend there that said it was pretty nasty. One of these days someone's going to get seriously injured or killed because of crappy GA management.
  5. What can I say? Home at 4 AM, the concert ended about 6 hours ago, but i'll get to that later.

The SHOW!!!! Freakin' awesome. Every single stand was built specifically for the show, so they were your basic metal bare bones bleachers. As soon as Real Thing got into its groove, the entire stand was teeter-tottering back and forth, it nearly scared my mom (and myself) half to death. But once everyone got into the "swing" of things, the show really kicked ass.

Bit of a standard setlist, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I was so damn happy to hear I Will Follow, Pride (first time ever hearing it live), Zooropa (woooow), The Fly (woooow), Hold Me Thrill Me, and basically everything. Every song was great, the guys were on top form, the night couldn't have been better.

For every major hit, the audience was amazing. People were singing, dancing so hard the stands rocked (literally - as I said earlier) and just generally having a good time. It's quite funny to see how easy it is to tell who's a hardcore fan and who isn't. As soon as Zooropa started coming on I was shouting "WHAT DO YOU WANT" and "ZOOOOOROPAAAA", but many other sat down at the start of the song. I swear I was the only person in my section who knew the song. That's okay! I made everyone stand up (at least it felt that way ) That song is so damn awesome live, I can now die a happy man after hearing it. The first 20 minutes of this show have seriously been perfected. Take a look at the setlist, nobody calmed down until Stay came on. It was great. Real thing totally rocks as an opener, I Will Follow was fucking radical, 80,000 people yelling "WALK AWAY WALK AWAY, WALK AWAY WALK AWAY, I WILL FOLLOW" is an experience in itself.

The rest of the show after Pride was the routine 2nd half of the 360 show we've all come to know and love, and it was great. I know people may knock the band for not trying out different things in the latter part ofthe show (myself included) but I really can't blame them. Everything really does work well where it is. One thing i was disappointed to see was the majority of my section sitting for Crazy Tonight. It isn't my favourite song, but when I'm at a show and it comes on, I know I feel like dancing and going "crazy". People weren't feeling it becuase it's a new, lesser known song, and I feel like had they embraced it rather than shunned it for being lesser known, it could've been better. But ah well.

One of the cooler moments was during WOWY. Bono hung his coat on a hanger to be lifted up into the upper section of the claw (as usual) but something went wrong, and a crew member came on to fix it and help out. As that happened, Bono grabbed the crew member and just held him in a hug for a moment, much to the crew members surprise. But he smiled, as did everyone else in the would-be-stadium. And Moment of Surrender has been rediscovered for me. Beautiful song.

Now we come ot the NASTY DISGUSTING LAME part of the night. RIGHT as MOS was finishing, it started to pour. Mother nature must love U2, because it really came down RIGHT after they finished. After MOS Bono started singing The Rain song by The Beatles, I laughed, but not everyone did. It was essentially a storm, and it only caused what I'm about to describe to be even worse.

The hippodrome where the show took place is basically out in the middle of nowhere, it's not near downtown Montreal at all. Everyone was either pretty much forced into either taking the metro (subway) back, or getting on a bus that took you to a different metro. Let me tell you, 80,000 people coming out into such a disorganized mess is a freakin' nightamare. Huge crowds + 0 organization, + not enough staff make Alex (and especially Alex's father) very stressed out. It took us about 2 hours to get on one of these busses (people kept butting ahead somehow, another example of the poor organization). 2 hours of standing in rain, cold and wet, and pissed off, because Montreal's show organizers seriously suck ass. I'm never going back there for a concert, even if its at the bell centre (arena downtown). This whole after-show experience has turned me off of Montreal forever. Sorry, but it sucked. Anyway, took us 6 hours to get home after the show ended, and we only live about an hour and a half away from Montreal. That should tell you something.

BUT ANYWAY. Was the show worth all of that garbage? HELL YEAH. Would I do it again? I doubt it But the show was really amazing. I know people on here are probably disappointed that they didn't pull out another surprise like they have the past few nights, and I would be too, but having gone to tonights show I can only speak the world of it. It was really amazing, I had an amazing time, a surreal time, it's so weird seeing this band live after subconsciously mythologizing them. Over before I knew it, but a great show nonetheless. Parents loved it as well.

Onto Toronto on Monday!

Alex
  6. that organization sounds the worst of the tour at one of the biggest venue's.

glad you had a great show yourself.
  7. My prediction for tonight:

01. Even Better Than The Real Thing
    02. The Fly
    03. Mysterious Ways / Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    04. Until The End Of The World / Anthem
    05. New Year's Day
    06. Get On Your Boots
    07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / The Promised Land
    08. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    09. Beautiful Day / Space Oddity
    10. Elevation
    11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    12. Miss Sarajevo
    13. Zooropa
    14. City Of Blinding Lights
    15. Vertigo
    16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque / Psycho Killer / Life During Wartime
    17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    18. Scarlet
    19. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone

20. One
    21. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow / Where The Streets Have No Name
    22. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    23. With Or Without You
    24. Moment Of Surrender
  8. Got into town on thursday.I must say this city is beautiful,and very clean.I had GA last night,it was a bit crazy,but the Canadians seem very cool headed,no pushing,everyone was reserved.Show was great,sound was great as well.I hung in the back,tonight I will try ti get closer in GA.Walked into old Montreal,saw the hotel the boys are staying at,St James,waited an hour to no avail...hundreds of fans were waiting....might go by again today..hope to here bad
  9. I agree with Alex the GA organization was ridiculous - I somehow managed to get 1st row outside the inner circle on Adam's side. I have a GA for the 2nd night as well but I'm not even going to bother going early and go through that GA nightmare again. And the aftermath - waiting for 2 hours in the pouring rain to take the metro... don't even get me started (I guess I will experience that again tonight )

But as Alex says the concert itself was of course amazing! It makes up for all the bullshit that happened before and afterwards. I loved the extra long discotheque snippet and the opener EBTTRT is really amazing to see in person. I could go on and on. But anyways I'm sure there will be some surprises for tonight... going to try and stand around the mixing desk in the middle of the field
  10. Alex- GREAT review. That was fantastic to read...sorry about the rain, but you make me wish I'd been there!!
  11. Reading your review Alex reminds me of all the emotions i felt when i was at the shows in Melbourne I wish i coulda seen this setlist live