1. A couple more:

"It's taken us fifteen years to get an image together, or indeed torealize that image is important. And not important." - Adam Clayton

and

"This song was written in a hotelroom in New York City (inaudible) about time a friend of ours, called Little Stevens, put togeather a record of artist against Apartheids." - Bono on the song Silver and Gold

It's "Little Steven", not Stevens, it's together, not togeather, and it's Apartheid, not Apartheids You might wanna separate hotel and room as well, but it's not that important.
  2. Originally posted by Ali709:A couple more:

"It's taken us fifteen years to get an image together, or indeed torealize that image is important. And not important." - Adam Clayton

and

"This song was written in a hotelroom in New York City (inaudible) about time a friend of ours, called Little Stevens, put togeather a record of artist against Apartheids." - Bono on the song Silver and Gold

It's "Little Steven", not Stevens, it's together, not togeather, and it's Apartheid, not Apartheids You might wanna separate hotel and room as well, but it's not that important.

I really wouldn't want you Ali to be my Slovak language teacher.......you would find waaay too many mistakes in my dictations that don't need to be spotted

btw just found one

"Only time will tell if you're more than your moments. But I think in our moments we're definately the most interesting band on the planet." - Bono

that should be definitely, nah?
  3. Originally posted by Ali709:A couple more:

and

I always thought it was "This song was written in a hotel room in New York City 'round about the time a friend of ours, Little Steven, was putting together a record of artists against apartheid."
  4. Thanks guys, all corrected
  5. "The song 'Peace On Earth' refers to the August 1998 Omagh city bombing which targeted shoppers and was planted by an extermist group known as the Real IRA."

Should be extremist
  6. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

I always thought it was "This song was written in a hotel room in New York City 'round about the time a friend of ours, Little Steven, was putting together a record of artists against apartheid."

7. Originally posted by WojBhoy:"The song 'Peace On Earth' refers to the August 1998 Omagh city bombing which targeted shoppers and was planted by an extermist group known as the Real IRA."

Should be extremist

8. "The concert in the RDS was the most successful ocncert of its size I've ever been at in Dublin. There was such an atmosphwere of celebration, from the front rows to the back. That kind of feeling between band and audience always leaves me breathless." - Bono on the ZooTV shows in Dublin, 1993

Two mistakes on a single quote. It should be concert and atmosphere
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:"The concert in the RDS was the most successful ocncert of its size I've ever been at in Dublin. There was such an atmosphwere of celebration, from the front rows to the back. That kind of feeling between band and audience always leaves me breathless." - Bono on the ZooTV shows in Dublin, 1993

Two mistakes on a single quote. It should be concert and atmosphere

You can fix quotes yourself, search for them on the management pages and then click the edit icon
  10. oh well
  11. Some quote suggestions and grammar corrections. The original ones are at the top, my suggestions are below each one.

Originally posted by originalDe ZOO TV tour did cost U2 about 125.000 dollar a day, show day or not.

Originally posted by correctionThe Zoo TV tour cost U2 about $125 000 a day, whether a show was held that day or not.

Originally posted by originalThe biggest audio and video bootleg collection are available on U2start, the latest bootleg we've added is from 2005-09-17 - Toronto, Ontario while the latest video bootleg is named Bologna, Italy - Stadio Comunale.

Originally posted by correctionU2start has the biggest U2 audio and video bootleg collection. The latest bootleg we added is 2005-09-17 - Toronto, Ontario. The latest video bootleg is Bologna, Italy - Stadio Comunale.

Originally posted by originalThe song Where The Streets Have No Name is requested the most at our songs pages and therefore quite popular, according to the favorite song lists of our users the song Bad is the alltime favorite song.

Originally posted by correctionWhere The Streets Have No Name is the most-requested song from the song pages and quite popular. According to the favorite song lists of our users, Bad is the all-time favorite song.

Originally posted by originalAccording to user joshuazoo the song Miami from the Pop album was greatly performed on 1997-11-14 in Miami, Florida.

Originally posted by correctionA great performance of Miami from the Pop album was played in Miami, Florida on 1997-11-14, according to user joshuazoo.

This topic was started on 2006-10-22 at 03:00 am.
    There are 47 messages in this topic

12. Thanks, all corrected! Except for the last one, which I cannot fix.