Dirty Day
    Some Days...
    Lemon
    Numb
    Zooropa
    The First Time
    Daddy's Gonna Pay...
    Babyface

The Wanderer ( this one spoils it completely for me! The fact that its a non-U2-member vocal is just completely unbearable for me.... If only this one was replaced by HMTMKMKM....)

No The Wanderer is insanely good. Brilliant song....

2. The Wanderer IS brilliant, Cash's thundering voice perfectly suits the song's persona and only serves to add to it's apocalyptic atmosphere.

The lyrics and meaning of the song also give it a depth that is the hallmark of their very best work.
  3. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

The Wanderer IS brilliant, Cash's thundering voice perfectly suits the song's persona and only serves to add to it's apocalyptic atmosphere.

The lyrics and meaning of the song also give it a depth that is the hallmark of their very best work.

I agree with both sides- The Wanderer IS brilliant, but I don't really agree with CLOSING a piece of artwork with someone else's vocals. Had Larry been singing, it would be an amazing cap to a U2 album (as aforementioned)

Perhaps it sounds silly- in one way, who cares who's singing? Everyone's still making music, and the fact that U2 condoned the closing of their album with it means that it's the right decision no matter what, because Zooropa is THEIR art, and however they did it is the way its meant to be heard....but I just can't help but agree with whoever said they can't get past it not being U2 singing.
  4. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:[..]

I agree ....would be awesome live with the "days....days...days" bit going on for about 2 whole minutes!......and then maybe a snippet of Gone??!!?!?

I sorta wish they'd bring it back sort of sounding like-

"These days, days, days...."

Into....

Opera intro of "Daddy's Gonna Pay". I'd LOVE for that song to see the light of 360°.
  5. Anyway, back to the original topic- anyone else ever second-guess the song as a complete metaphor for masturbation?

6. Disagree... I think that about BABYFACE!!

7. I'll bold the connections I see

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
    Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
    Some days take less, but most days take more
    Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor
    Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy
    Some days you use more force than is necessary
    Some days just drop in on us
    Some days are better than others

Some days it all adds up
    And what you got is not enough

Some days are slippy, other days sloppy
    Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy
    Your skin is white but you think you're a brother

Some days you wake up with her complaining
    Some sunny days you wish it was raining
    Some days are sulky, some days have a grin

And some days have bouncers and won't let you in

Some days you hear a voice
    Taking you to another place

Some days are honest, some days are not
    Some days you're thankful for what you've got
    Some days you wake up in the army
    And some days it's the enemy

Some days are work, most days you're lazy
    Some days you feel like a bit of a baby
    Lookin' for Jesus and His mother

Some days you feel ahead
    You're making sense of what she said

Some days you hear a voice
    Taking you to another place

I put this on for a friend whilst driving around one night after I'd discovered it, saying, "Dude- you HAVE to check this song out- the bassline is so....nighttime-ish!" and we both sat and listened to it together- not being my first time, either, mind you- and afterwards just looked at each other and said..."Wow. That could definitely be taken in more ways than one".

8. Hm...I noticed you originally posted that you agreed with me...which is leading me to believe you're being sarcastic....

...I hope
  9. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

I'll bold the connections I see

[..]

I put this on for a friend whilst driving around one night after I'd discovered it, saying, "Dude- you HAVE to check this song out- the bassline is so....nighttime-ish!" and we both sat and listened to it together- not being my first time, either, mind you- and afterwards just looked at each other and said..."Wow. That could definitely be taken in more ways than one".

Wow. I never ever thought of it that way! But it's quite interesting and will definitely make me think of the song in a different light.
  10. I love this song! I never knew so many people liked it?! I remember there being a "weakest song per album" thread, and most people put this one for Zooropa! I love this song a lot, it's so great. The lyrics are great, the uplifting kinda angelic chorus is great, and the groove is great. It beats Daddy's Gonna Pay (just by a bit), and The Wanderer(still don't get the hype for this song...dislike it). It's a great song.