1. The newer version is better, the guitar, drums etc are too quiet on the album version. And as you said before the rhythm is what makes the song so special.

The crowd noises fit the song (which extensively uses sampling in the first place) and the electronic nature of the album.
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

The newer version is better, the guitar, drums etc are too quiet on the album version. And as you said before the rhythm is what makes the song so special.

The crowd noises fit the song (which extensively uses sampling in the first place) and the electronic nature of the album.

Can't agree
  3. I worked the MTV VMA's the year Edge came out and played Numb. The video on U2.com and utube don't do justice to it.

Sure it was all taped and where I was at it looked like a lip sync job but damn, the song rocked "live".

4. I never liked it as much live because- especially on the Sydney DVD- you can barely even hear The Edge at all.

5. What? I can hear him just fine on mine lol

6. maybe you have to buy the dvd version instead of the video tape one

7. i like the Dublin '93 version. the phaser on Edge's guitar is a little different.
  8. However, this topic is not about Numb....

9. YES! My thoughts exactly, it was underwhelming live, sounded way too thin. This and Stay were two songs from Zooropa they managed to screw up live.