1. Originally posted by vanquish:Dirty Day is strange in that I think the song is great until the "it won't last kissing time" bit where it goes downhill. It's anticlimatic, I really dislike songs that begin well and end badly, if anything i'd prefer it the other way round (beging badly and end well).

I always thought is was "one last kiss in time". Makes more sense to me that way. Either way, I love that track.

Have to agree about daddy's gonna pay, as I said previously.

Obviously have to vehemently disagree about NLOTH.
  2. Zooropa is an outstanding album, one of their best. It has stood the test of time - something im not sure NLOTH will do...

Stay, Zooropa, Dirty Day, Lemon, DGPFYCC, Wanderer, The First Time are all tremendous songs. Much better songwriting and and arrangements than we have had recently.
  3. geez guys i dont get you. Zooropa is the worst. (ok, October is even worse). Only songs i like are Stay, The First Time and The Wanderer. The rest of them is shite. They are just way too different for me.
    btw i love HTDAAB. its Top 3 for me
  4. im Boy-Girl now. awesome
  5. Originally posted by Shimitz:geez guys i dont get you. Zooropa is the worst. (ok, October is even worse). Only songs i like are Stay, The First Time and The Wanderer. The rest of them is shite. They are just way too different for me.

see see i see a connection
  6. Originally posted by Shimitz:geez guys i dont get you. Zooropa is the worst. (ok, October is even worse). Only songs i like are Stay, The First Time and The Wanderer. The rest of them is shite. They are just way too different for me.

The 'different' tracks, as you call them, are the reason why U2 are great.
  7. Originally posted by vanquish:

Dirty Day is strange in that I think the song is great until the "it won't last kissing time" bit where it goes downhill. It's anticlimatic

I see it as completely the other way around. The "these days run away" line is a perfect climax to a brilliant song. It's understated, but that build up is still there.
  8. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

I see it as completely the other way around. The "these days run away" line is a perfect climax to a brilliant song. It's understated, but that build up is still there.

Yeah, the "days....days...days.." part is like the perfect release to such a tense song. Love it. Wish it carried on much longer.
  9. HTDAAB isn't in the same solar system as Zooropa.

Zooropa was written and recorded at the peak of arguably the bands golden era and it shows. Its original, fresh and musically diverse. A fantastic album. Had it been released outwith a touring cycle, it would have been deemed their masterpiece.

HTDAAB is average.

How I miss the early 90's. A time when planned EP's ended up as fantastic albums and musically, they could do no wrong. The last 2 albums dont even come close.
  10. I think of Some Days as an average Zooropa song. I like it, don't love it. The album on the whole is one of their best.

Some sunny days you wish it was raining- one of my favorite U2 lyrics.

11. I agree ....would be awesome live with the "days....days...days" bit going on for about 2 whole minutes!......and then maybe a snippet of Gone??!!?!?