1. i've always said that if you replace "Babyface" with "HMTMKMKM", Zooropa would be my favorie U2 album. it's still up there. top 5 for me.

2. For me too (again)

just watched some zoo tv era clips. jesus what a band they were. what the fuck happened
  3. Originally posted by AcrobatU2Pop:i've always said that if you replace "Babyface" with "HMTMKMKM", Zooropa would be my favorie U2 album. it's still up there. top 5 for me.

I have always thought if arms around the world had ben replaced with stay.....AB would have been unbelievably amazing. (although I still think it is anyway!)
  4. Rubbish, Babyface is excellent why would you want to take it out?, IMO its better than Some Days.

The lyrics, singing and the song's meaning are all great. Love Edge's guitarwork too

5. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:[..]

I have always thought if arms around the world had ben replaced with stay.....AB would have been unbelievably amazing. (although I still think it is anyway!)

Both ideas make for almost orgasmic album experiences.
  6. Originally posted by vanquish:Rubbish, Babyface is excellent why would you want to take it out?, IMO its better than Some Days.

The lyrics, singing and the song's meaning are all great. Love Edge's guitarwork too

yeah listen to that bassline. i always though that daddy's gonna pay aws a bit weak on the album, doesnt have a punch like it has live
  7. Babyface, Somedays and Dirty Day r 3 jems on that album that i love, then uve got stay, lemon, zooropa, whoa such a good album wen i think about it.
  8. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

yeah listen to that bassline. i always though that daddy's gonna pay aws a bit weak on the album, doesnt have a punch like it has live

Yes, Some Days and Daddy's Going To Pay were always the weaker songs on the album.
    Though they both are still fine songs, which just reflects the general quality of the album
  9. I love the song and the album too. For me

Zooropa
    Dirty Day
    Lemon
    Stay
    First Time
    Some Days
    Babyface
    Wanderer
    Numb
    Daddy's Gonna Pay

for the guy that would have swapped in HMTMKMKM - I feel the same about Daddy's Gonna Pay. With it, the album as a cohesive whole is ruined for me. Without it it's 4.5 stars. With the swap it's 5 stars pushing JT, AB and NLOTH.
  10. I actually don't dislike a single song on Zooropa, it's the only album except AB I can say that of.

The weakest songs for me are Some Days, Daddy's Going to Pay and Dirty Day.
    Am not sure which is the worst of the bunch, probably Daddy's Going to Pay.

Dirty Day is strange in that I think the song is great until the "it won't last kissing time" bit where it goes downhill. It's anticlimatic, I really dislike songs that begin well and end badly, if anything i'd prefer it the other way round (beging badly and end well).

I think :

Stay
    Lemon
    Zooropa
    The Wanderer
    The First Time
    Babyface
    Numb (if i'm counting the Best of 1990-2000 mix, the album version sucks)
    Some Days Are Better Than Others
    Dirty Day
    Daddy's Going To Pay For Your Crashed Car

It's shocking to think they did Zooropa in 2 months as bascially a footnote to AB.
    Compared to the 4+ years they've worked on NLOTH and the results, shows that their artistic talent definitely has taken a dive.
  11. For me is Zooropa one of the best album too, I'm big fan of their 90's...

Dirty Day
    Zooropa
    Lemon
    Numb
    The First Time
    Daddy's Gonna Pay...
    Stay
    Some Days...
    Babyface
    The Wanderer
  12. Stay
    Dirty Day
    Some Days...
    Lemon
    Numb
    Zooropa
    The First Time
    Daddy's Gonna Pay...
    Babyface

The Wanderer ( this one spoils it completely for me! The fact that its a non-U2-member vocal is just completely unbearable for me.... If only this one was replaced by HMTMKMKM....)