1. Originally posted by yeah[..]

http://u2start.com/topic/1589/

I know what you're gonna answer but I think it's inappropriate to tolerate topics like this. It would be cool if on the new U2start requests for official releases weren't accepted.

I have no problem if anyone is asking for any out of print stuff that isn't in the "U2 Love"-Set. But rips of DVDs you can buy everywhere? Come on...

Well, I accept it because:

- Here on U2start almost anyone has almost any DVD.
    - The people just don't know HOW to make an audio-rip of their DVD, so that's why they ask it.

You can buy the DVD's almost anywhere but you can't buy the audio anywhere so I think it's a good topic.

But on the other hand you're right, on the new U2start we will have more rules like now. I never expected the forums or website to get this busy so I have to make some more adjustments. It's hard to draw a line somewhere now.

After some consideration I think this goes indeed too far, handing out official material for anyone who would like to have it. I'll close it
  2. Just go on, don't let me disturb you. Yeah a hell of a job I believe that.
  3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Well, I accept it because:

- Here on U2start almost anyone has almost any DVD.
    - The people just don't know HOW to make an audio-rip of their DVD, so that's why they ask it.

- Hm, that's what I doubt. I think many people don't have/want the DVD but want the Audio of it and try to get it online.

- Would be cool if someone could make a tutorial for that then. People could make rips of their own, legally obtained DVDs.

Originally posted by Remy[..]

After some consideration I think this goes indeed too far, handing out official material for anyone who would like to have it. I'll close it

Good decision.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna ruin the fun. I'm all for free sharing of unofficial stuff. I did and do my part of it here, on my own board, via torrent and snail mail trading. But I think it's disrespectful to the band we all love to spread around their official releases and steal from them.

4. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Good decision.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna ruin the fun. I'm all for free sharing of unofficial stuff. I did and do my part of it here, on my own board, via torrent and snail mail trading. But I think it's disrespectful to the band we all love to spread around their official releases and steal from them.

I agree completely. Plus I don't wanna ruin my own website

Originally posted by yeah
    - Would be cool if someone could make a tutorial for that then. People could make rips of their own, legally obtained DVDs.

Problem with that is, the software to do that, is not freeware too
  5. I respect your action in closing down my DVD rip topic. As far as i'm aware i'm not breaking any rules? Would I be correct in thinking this? I kinda think closing the topic is a bit inappropriate. I got all my DVD rips from a guy who openly has links to official material on his profile on the official U2.com website. If he's getting away with it in U2's back yard why should you worry? Sorry for any inconveniance
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]
    Problem with that is, the software to do that, is not freeware too

What's wrong with using a trial version and/or buy the software?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyI respect your action in closing down my DVD rip topic. As far as i'm aware i'm not breaking any rules? Would I be correct in thinking this? I kinda think closing the topic is a bit inappropriate. I got all my DVD rips from a guy who openly has links to official material on his profile on the official U2.com website. If he's getting away with it in U2's back yard why should you worry? Sorry for any inconveniance

Well, you're not really breaking the rules but due to this actions U2.com or any other legal party associated with U2 can open their eyes on this website to see what else is happening here. People who want to have DVD-rips can just buy the DVD's theirselves.
  8. Originally posted by yeah[..]

What's wrong with using a trial version and/or buy the software?

Nothing in my opinion
  9. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Well, you're not really breaking the rules but due to this actions U2.com or any other legal party associated with U2 can open their eyes on this website to see what else is happening here. People who want to have DVD-rips can just buy the DVD's theirselves.

Exactly.
    And if you ask me, it's not only a legal question. It's a question of respect for the artist.

But I guess I'm getting off topic again.
  10. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Exactly.
    And if you ask me, it's not only a legal question. It's a question of respect for the artist.

Yes you did it again

11. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Exactly.

I know its about respect to the artist but I can't imagine bumping into Bono in a soup kitchen because a few people downloaded an audio rip. You shouldn't take it so personally
  12. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Exactly.

Completely true, and the biggest U2 website to be will have to respect the band in all ways.