1. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Absolutely, got my tickets in 2 min.

really?. I was wondering how smooth it worked. I stood outside the ticket shop from 4am to 11am to get told that both Croke Park shows had sold out wen we were 2ft from the door and wen they released the 3rd Croke show I was at a funeral. worth a subscription then for the pre-sale alone?
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

really?. I was wondering how smooth it worked. I stood outside the ticket shop from 4am to 11am to get told that both Croke Park shows had sold out wen we were 2ft from the door and wen they released the 3rd Croke show I was at a funeral. worth a subscription then for the pre-sale alone?

Absolutely, for tickets in Amsterdam everything went fine, but don't know for other cities, there were a lot of problems with the North American shows.
  3. yea the first leg pre-sales were pretty fecked. Larry had to publicly apologise on the website. they promised every member tickets. do they not know their own popularity. (U2 organisation, not the band)
  4. on the official material thing...i know it's wrong, but it's not like if the band need the money.
  5. some people here dont see it as a fan sending another fan a link via e-mail. They see it as stealing from the band. Some people take it too seriously and personally. I can understand where Remy comes from because he has his website to protect but other people on here who say its wrong to pass on official material privatley need a kick in the arse.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoysome people here dont see it as a fan sending another fan a link via e-mail. They see it as stealing from the band. Some people take it too seriously and personally. I can understand where Remy comes from because he has his website to protect but other people on here who say its wrong to pass on official material privatley need a kick in the arse.

Come and kick me then.
  7. I wudn't ne harsh but try not to take people privatley providing links to official material personally. me e-mailing a link to someone isnt going to take anything from you
  8. Don't worry, I'm not taking any of this personal. I sometimes need a good kick in the arse.
    You're right, you don't take anything from me by doing what you did. But you break copyright laws and betray the band you pretend to be a fan of by spreading around material that you can buy in every fecking shop near or far away from you.
    And I don't like to see that on a "fansite".

9. Man this topic makes me angry I've had this conversation with friends many times and I'm always shocked when ppl make topics like that.
    No offense and with all due respent to everyone here but don't be ridiculous. U2 is a multimillionaire band, they are rich, absolutely, no question about it. If you steal a DVD from them, they're not gonna be broke or in the unemployment line.

Then again the dvd is $25, not $500. If you buy it you won't be broke either.

People keep saying, 'its wrong but... i know its wrong but...' Its wrong period.

Go buy the dvd. If you can't manage $25, go the U2 forums. Here at U2start, we're fans of the boys and fans of this site and I don't want to see anything happen to it or to our webmaster.
  10. the argument for and against is pretty equal I think. no resolve. Maybe there sould be a ban on any requests for official material at least until the private messaging function gets up and running. that way theres no confusion.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoythe argument for and against is pretty equal I think. no resolve. Maybe there sould be a ban on any requests for official material at least until the private messaging function gets up and running. that way theres no confusion.

Agreed, with the new U2start the rules will be made pretty clear.
    And I'm thinking about limiting the upcoming PM system too, I don't want to see my PM system turn into some illegal stuff sharing system.
  12. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Agreed, with the new U2start the rules will be made pretty clear.
    And I'm thinking about limiting the upcoming PM system too, I don't want to see my PM system turn into some illegal stuff sharing system.

its a tricky subject to get around. Ban it all together I say.