1. Nah, that line I initially said was the only thing I heard. I'll check out the video, cheers.
  2. So, yesterday I was at a local used media store and I purchased Shabooh Shoobah by INXS on vinyl. Afterwards I noticed that it was stamped as promotional by Atlantic Records, they alone have rights to own, etc. I thought that was interesting.
  3. Originally posted by thefly108:So, yesterday I was at a local used media store and I purchased Shabooh Shoobah by INXS on vinyl. Afterwards I noticed that it was stamped as promotional by Atlantic Records, they alone have rights to own, etc. I thought that was interesting.
    This was common for advance promotional copies back in the day. This was kind of the labels way of saying "we are giving this to you. don't think about selling it or giving it away because we might ask you for it back" which, obviously, never happened. It was the old school way to try to combat leaks and piracy (which back then was recording to an 8-track or cassette.)
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    This was common for advance promotional copies back in the day. This was kind of the labels way of saying "we are giving this to you. don't think about selling it or giving it away because we might ask you for it back" which, obviously, never happened. It was the old school way to try to combat leaks and piracy (which back then was recording to an 8-track or cassette.)
    Very cool! It was worth the $7. I was wondering about that. It had a sticker that said "suggested cuts" as well and listed the tracks.
  5. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    Very cool! It was worth the $7. I was wondering about that. It had a sticker that said "suggested cuts" as well and listed the tracks.
    Usually, if it had the suggested cuts label, it was designated for a radio station (in all likelihood, you found an ex-DJ's copy!)

The gold promo stamps usually don't add any value to the piece, but they are cool to have. (IMHO, anyway) I consider them collectible. (after all, they were actually advance releases at the time) Especially since labels reverted to tacky punching a hole or saw-cutting the top corner to cut costs of the gold embossing later down the road.

And Shabooh Shoobah is most definitely worth the $7. That is just one of those records that is great cover-to-cover. Every song...
  6. Shabooh Shoobah is still absent from my collection.
  7. Shabooh Shoobah should be in everyone's collection!

Get on it, slacker!
  8. I'll put it down as a high priority item on my list of albums to acquire
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Usually, if it had the suggested cuts label, it was designated for a radio station (in all likelihood, you found an ex-DJ's copy!)

The gold promo stamps usually don't add any value to the piece, but they are cool to have. (IMHO, anyway) I consider them collectible. (after all, they were actually advance releases at the time) Especially since labels reverted to tacky punching a hole or saw-cutting the top corner to cut costs of the gold embossing later down the road.

And Shabooh Shoobah is most definitely worth the $7. That is just one of those records that is great cover-to-cover. Every song...
    Thanks for the info. I thought it was a worthwhile find, I was lucky to see it since it was buried under tons of other vinyls. The vinyl looks great. I picked up a newer pressing of Kick too.
  10. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    Thanks for the info. I thought it was a worthwhile find, I was lucky to see it since it was buried under tons of other vinyls. The vinyl looks great. I picked up a newer pressing of Kick too.

Wheres the record shop? I'm going to visit my folks in Murfreesboro in a few weeks.