1. Peace awards are also for a very specific thing. Malala won the award (and rightly so) at the age of 17. But just like this year, there have been a lot of WTF awards. Obama is one, giving the award to Al Gore for a documentary or to Yasser Arafat for stop killing people are other examples.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Peace awards are also for a very specific thing. Malala won the award (and rightly so) at the age of 17. But just like this year, there have been a lot of WTF awards. Obama is one, giving the award to Al Gore for a documentary or to Yasser Arafat for stop killing people are other examples.
    Agreed. (and for the record, I wasn't knocking Obama or his efforts... it was just the timing, almost as if they were giving him a down payment for his future work (much like Santos)
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Agreed. (and for the record, I wasn't knocking Obama or his efforts... it was just the timing, almost as if they were giving him a down payment for his future work (much like Santos)
    And the prize to Obama actually hurt him in Congress.
  4. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ - In what order you want to read or listen them?

Congratulations to Bob Dylan!

I think it is fantastic that the Nobel-committee acknowledges that there are great use of language outside the literature we´re accustomed to. That lyrics are as important part of our culture as those that are without music around them. Thinking about Leonard Cohen, Paul Simon etc. It is not important if the words are written on books or cd-sleeves. It is irrelevant whether you read them or hear them.

I think they´re (Nobel-Committee) looking ahead to the future!

Great Day!!
  5. I'm in a bar that has a jukebox and someone has stuck on Angel of Harlem, but then proceeded to add a live version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, which has a three minute intro and starts with "we're making a DVD here". First off, it sounds weird in a busy bar but what version is this?
  6. Originally posted by KieranU2:I'm in a bar that has a jukebox and someone has stuck on Angel of Harlem, but then proceeded to add a live version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, which has a three minute intro and starts with "we're making a DVD here". First off, it sounds weird in a busy bar but what version is this?
    I don't know, sorry!

This might go the way of the 'Mystery Bad' that Ross and Gerard heard?
  7. Originally posted by KieranU2:I'm in a bar that has a jukebox and someone has stuck on Angel of Harlem, but then proceeded to add a live version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, which has a three minute intro and starts with "we're making a DVD here". First off, it sounds weird in a busy bar but what version is this?
    Milan 2005 I think.
  8. I hope not, that had me in constant thought all weekend in Dublin. Still don't have an answer.

Ah, Tim that would make perfect sense. It didn't sound great, that's why I'm curious.
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I hope not, that had me in constant thought all weekend in Dublin. Still don't have an answer.

Ah, Tim that would make perfect sense. It didn't sound great, that's why I'm curious.
    Did you hear more things Bono said? Something like: I can talk if I want to, and a long story about first cinemas etc?
  10. Here you can check when you are back home: