1. Originally posted by bartajax:I dont think they will open with Streets, I think that would be strange because normally Streets is the highlight of the show and it would be stupid to put the highlight at the begining imo

why not? it was mostly the opening during the Joshua tree tour and the lovetown tour
  2. I don't see the problem in opening with Streets whatsoever. So what its a big hit, the highlight of a show, generally towards the end? None of those things matter. That being the opener is the surprise in a show that people always remember.

I saw Bon Jovi in 2005, my first concert...I had his greatest hits CD and nothing else. I expected the majority of the songs I knew to be at the end of the show, where all the fan favorites would be, and after opening with a song off of a new album, without hesitation he leaned into the mic and yelled, "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!"...it COMPELTELY caught me off guard and I found myself absolutely rocking through the song even though I expected it later. One of the most memorable parts of the show.

Greatest hits are amazing at the front of the set because nobody expects them. The older fans will appreciate Streets opening, as they might be familiar with the days when it DID open a show. Who says that fan favorites need to stay so backloaded in the set? It's an unfortunate "understood" rule that has been better off broken- at least at virtually every show I've ever been to.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Headliners are allowed to do a normal concert of theirs. Muse usually play 17-19 songs in their own concerts, hence the 18 figure... U2 use to play between 22 and 25, that's why guessing 23-24 is probably right. They won't run the risk of running short of hits (20 songs) but they probably don't want to bore with a 27 songs set either. I'd say 24 with plenty of snippets (or 23 if Bad is played).

I read somewhere that probably it would be a 18 songs set . But your point of view is correct to, U2 is a band that as a headliner and with all the reputation and show quality the set can be longer and not only hits.. But of course a big part of the show will be hits, Bono confirmed that..
    Is gonna be a great show, I'm certain of that
  4. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:I don't see the problem in opening with Streets whatsoever. So what its a big hit, the highlight of a show, generally towards the end? None of those things matter. That being the opener is the surprise in a show that people always remember.

I saw Bon Jovi in 2005, my first concert...I had his greatest hits CD and nothing else. I expected the majority of the songs I knew to be at the end of the show, where all the fan favorites would be, and after opening with a song off of a new album, without hesitation he leaned into the mic and yelled, "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!"...it COMPELTELY caught me off guard and I found myself absolutely rocking through the song even though I expected it later. One of the most memorable parts of the show.

Greatest hits are amazing at the front of the set because nobody expects them. The older fans will appreciate Streets opening, as they might be familiar with the days when it DID open a show. Who says that fan favorites need to stay so backloaded in the set? It's an unfortunate "understood" rule that has been better off broken- at least at virtually every show I've ever been to.

I kind of agree with you... Hits are hits and shouldn´t be limited to one section of the show. The deal is that "Streets" is not any hit, it is the song that they rely on to save a bad concert... so they should leave it somewhere in the middle/latter part of the set and can have a hit such as Vertigo or BD open the show and still get everyone hyped, in my humble opinion...

PS: I have a feeling we´ll get Bad

5. nothing but the true
    as i said days ago watching the show starting with red light and the boys coming on stage like shadows would be simply awesome and would give unimaginable shivers on me (and on people of my age too i think).
    it would recall that magic period when Streets was not a highlight just because the whole show was a highlight
  6. and by the way ... they opened and ended shows with Vertigo ... so why they could not do the same with Streets???

7. I mean with the claw . But ok, in Glastonbury they won't have the claw, but to alternate they could play discotheque as they had been playing always Crazy Tonight Remix.. And with that maybe they can play the album version of Crazy Tonight

8. With so much hits they don't need to do that
    But opening with Vertigo it's an excellent powerfull intro!

9. that's understandable .. but what i meant it's if they played Vertigo twice in a show (and for me once is far enough ) then they could play Streets twice too and also 3-4- .. times