1. Originally posted by iTim:Luminous Times
    Love Comes Tumbling
    Spanish Eyes
    Lady With The Spinning Head
    Paint It Black
    Three Sunrises

Those pop out in my mind at the moment. Favourite there is probably Spanish Eyes.

Paint it Black? Sure? For me, that is one of the worst covers they have done... next to Fortunate Son.

2. Agree. Sadly, that was the first single I ever bought. It's a wonder I'm still a U2 fan after those.
  3. I actually quite like it, but each to their own.
  4. Originally posted by TheRefugee:[..]

It would be a major shock if it featured in a setlist again given the lyrical content and the beating they took for the whole 'okay edge, play the blues' bit on R&H.
    It's interesting that Bono talked up the fact that he was writing in the third person for some songs on nloth, yet he was doing it years ago on tracks like S&G.

Am I missing something? What was wrong with, "kay Edge, play the blues!"

I didn't think they were hazed for that, I actually think it's a really cool moment...
  5. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Am I missing something? What was wrong with, "kay Edge, play the blues!"

I didn't think they were hazed for that, I actually think it's a really cool moment...

It was a double-edged sword from what i remember because the critics at the time thought it was ironic and lame for U2 to try and 'play the blues' when they're musical past has NOTHING to do with the blues at all.
  6. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

It was a double-edged sword from what i remember because the critics at the time thought it was ironic and lame for U2 to try and 'play the blues' when they're musical past has NOTHING to do with the blues at all.

At the "critics", not you
  7. Silver And Gold 's solo (precisely the "play the blues" solo) is one of Edge's best moments ever.
  8. gotta be lalalalalalalalala lady with the spinnin head

luminous times is pretty sweet too
  9. This is a really great band. Even its B-sides are incredable!

I wouldn't know to elect the best of them, but I like Mercy very very much!
    Sweetest Thing is amazing as well, luminous time, native son, dancing barefoot and whatever....
  10. Can Sweetest Thing be classed as a B-Side? Since it was actually released on single and probably intended to be an A-Side...