1. have you heard the 1st version from" artist united against apartheid "
    it is really raw...but there is magic when the 4 members of u2 play together...bono with ron wood and keith richards is cool but just not as satisfying as the bside or live cut from rattle and hum.
  2. Originally posted by revjisok:[..]
    have you heard the 1st version from" artist united against apartheid "
    it is really raw...but there is magic when the 4 members of u2 play together...bono with ron wood and keith richards is cool but just not as satisfying as the bside or live cut from rattle and hum.
    Yeah the "Sun City" version or something like that? It's okay, but there's just so much more "oomf" to the studio and live version. And at first I didn't like how slow the studio version is compared to the live version, but now I love it. It keeps you at the edge of your seat begging for it to go off. Idk how to explain the feeling, but yeah. Just a great track I've always just felt as "meh" up until recently.
  3. Deep in the heart is my favourite non live b side although Blow your house down, Rise up and wave of sorrow are my favourite non album/ non single tracks.
  4. For me, the best ones have gotta be Two Shots of Happy and Love Comes Tumbling, but U2 have no shortage of incredible b-sides.

Whenever people talk up how U2 got 'sexy' in the 90s in contrast to the 80s (mainly that means in contrast to The Joshua Tree) I always think about Deep In the Heart, Spanish Eyes, and the original version of Sweetest Thing - that's some really raw, passionate music there, and it's not hard to tell what kind of passion it is in the those songs, Deep In the Heart especially. It took me years to warm up to this song but now I love it. It's weird, and sexy, and just a tad spooky, and sounds all rough and crunchy... it's a nice little taste from 1987 of the U2 to come.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Deep in the heart is my favourite non live b side although Blow your house down, Rise up and wave of sorrow are my favourite non album/ non single tracks.
    Blow Your House Down was much better on the Outtakes...
  6. Love Holy Joe
    Hope to hear it live, but probably won't...........
  7. I prefer the Achtung Baby reissue version, but I can still listen to the outtakes.
  8. +1. Might be my favorite B-side.

Other 90s contenders like Salome, Lady with the Spinning Head, North and South of the River, and Two Shots of Happy probably round out the top five.

I guess I prefer the 90s both in album tracks and b-sides.
  9. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    +1. Might be my favorite B-side.

Other 90s contenders like Salome, Lady with the Spinning Head, North and South of the River, and Two Shots of Happy probably round out the top five.

I guess I prefer the 90s both in album tracks and b-sides.
    Good list, wish the band playes them live. ............ sigh.............

10. Lady With The Spinning Head is their best B side track to me.

Honorable mentions would be Sweetest Thing, Luminous Times and Crystal Ballroom (if you count bonus disc tracks which is the new "B side").