1. I can see your point, but your only counting the 90's songs. It's definitely up there in terms of the first few albums, but I don't know about the entire catalogue. I don't think it's a WOWY or One, it's more of a I Will Follow or New Year's Day. A great early song but isn't as consequential to the set in that it needs to be played at every show. I'm not sure though as a die hard for both bands I might have a different perspective on this. I might just not see the appeal to Creep as much anymore... Next time I see Radiohead if they play Creep I'll just think it's cool to hear a rare song but be bummed that a setlist slot was used for it.
  2. And I can definitely see yours. Great correction with the I Will Follow example btw. I'm not so keen on post-Amnesiac RH to be honest - just as there's a lot of U2 fans who lost interest after Rattle&Hum or Pop I guess.
  3. True both bands have eras that appeal to some and not others. U2 and Radiohead now that I think about it have had similar trajectories in their catalogues. Now the real question is... WHEN ARE THEY RELEASING A NEW ALBUM?
  4. Just realised i dont have any Winzip on my new PC to un-compress the files. Is Winzip still the best for doing this?
  5. I think you need "winrar."
  6. cheers, worked a charm
  7. If a band doesn't like to play a song, in my opinion they shouldn't be forced to play it. It is abundantly clear that Radiohead hate playing the song - they are almost taking the piss when they do bother playing it. The difference with Streets is that it is a high point in the show, it is something to look forward to and it raises the spirits of the already ecstatic crowd. 'Creep' just doesn't achieve that. I actually praise Radiohead for it. It doesn't seem to bother their fans that much.
  8. Because U2 attracts more "casual" fans than Radiohead, I think they need to play the majority of their big hits for their concerts to be successful. Radiohead play to smaller audiences with, in all likelihood (I don't have any hard data here) fewer casual fans who know their entire catalog relatively well and therefore don't miss out on the hits when they aren't played.
  9. Yeah, we've had this discussion over and over again at the Pearl Jam / Bruce threads too. I understand your points and I agree that probably RH's audience is much less casual fans and much more % of hard die ones than U2's.
    Still I would be pissed if I attended a Radiohead show (which I'm actually CRAVING to) and they didn't play the songs that mean something to me, the songs that made me be there in the first place, just because playing those songs bores them.
  10. Although I sincerely appreciate your post, Kyle, (it's always nice to be informed!), I have to admit that even as a pretty big Radiohead fan I struggle to get to geared up for a Thom Yorke release.

I'm too stuck in the 90's, I suppose.

Although KidAmnesiac and In Rainbows are true classics.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:Yeah, we've had this discussion over and over again at the Pearl Jam / Bruce threads too. I understand your points and I agree that probably RH's audience is much less casual fans and much more % of hard die ones than U2's.
    Still I would be pissed if I attended a Radiohead show (which I'm actually CRAVING to) and they didn't play the songs that mean something to me, the songs that made me be there in the first place, just because playing those songs bores them.

I never responded to this way back in the spring....like any other band with me, when it comes to a live show, the more hits the better!