1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I have a friend who went to 36 Vertigo shows. 12 USA, 18 Europe, 5 South America and Hawaii. I've seen all his tickets (except the Buffalo 2005-12-09 one, he was stolen the ticket). So it's real. 36 shows. That's my dream (although I'd probably got bored of the tour... just the same show night after night... ).

Awesome. Indeed, you will get bored some time..but I listen to U2 every day (we all do, I suppose), so seeing them live every day isn't that BAD. Although Bono's political One talks are always the same...
  2. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Awesome. Indeed, you will get bored some time..but I listen to U2 every day (we all do, I suppose), so seeing them live every day isn't that BAD. Although Bono's political One talks are always the same...

I went to 11 European shows on the last tour, and they were nearly all the same setlist each night, same speeches etc.... Next time I'd try to go to one or two shows in Europe, and hopefully each leg of the American dates..

3. Originally posted by xyz[..]

I went to 11 European shows on the last tour, and they were nearly all the same setlist each night, same speeches etc.... Next time I'd try to go to one or two shows in Europe, and hopefully each leg of the American dates..

Okay..If they have the same speeches every night, it's gets bored very quick. I sometimes wonder if U2 themselves never get bored with it. Always the same, every night.(partially than)
  4. U2 should follow Prince. During his 21 night stint at the O2 in London e played a completley different setlist every single night (though 3 weeks of shws in the same venue would be repetitive), but hey, at least he made it interesting with the setlists
  5. Originally posted by drewhigginsI'll go to any one of the Australian shows - if it's not in Adelaide. Surely they'll go to Sydney or Melbourne.

Yep if your gonna go to an Australain gig, go Adelaide, I heard many people who went to Multiple shows in Australia said that the Adelaide one was one of the better ones, the band were very relaxed and right on their game away from the spotlight and the pressures of the Eastern States. I went to the Adelaide and both Melbourne shows and there was a big difference. The Melbourne shows were great don't get me wrong especially night 2, with a great set list being the last of the Oz tour....finishing with Bad/"40" can't ask for more than that.

The sound in ADL was just crystal clear as well with a more open stadium @ Football park than Telstra dome....less echo, but I suppose when you are front row it doesn't matter does in.

I think I'll try for a US show during the next tour, seen them seven times....all outdoor!!

Cheers
  6. Whoops......meant to add.............Just for the record when they eventually come back to Australia I think they will go Perth and perhaps not Adelaide this time, especially if its a stadium tour. In that case I'll go west and also to a Melboure Gig
  7. The setlist is going to be like this IMO.

01 New Song
    02 New Song
    03 Vertigo
    04 Elevation
    05 New Song
    06 Until The End Of The World
    07 New Year's Day
    08 Beautiful Day
    09 New Song
    10 New Song or Bullet The Blue Sky
    11 New Song or Running To Stand Still / Miss Sarajevo
    12 Desire
    13 New Song and/or rarities
    14 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    15 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    16 Where The Streets Have No Name
    ---
    17 New Song
    18 New Song
    19 Walk On or Mysterious Ways)
    20 With Or Without You
    ---
    21 New Song or City Of Blinding Lights
    22 Bad or I Will Follow
    23 New Song or ''40''
  8. Originally posted by LikeASongThe setlist is going to be like this IMO.

01 New Song
    02 New Song
    03 Vertigo
    04 Elevation
    05 New Song
    07 New Year's Day
    08 Beautiful Day
    09 New Song
    12 Desire
    14 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    ---
    17 New Song
    18 New Song
    20 With Or Without You
    ---
    22 Bad or I Will Follow
    23 New Song or ''40''

thats almost exactly how i imagined it but i think they'll end the shows with Kite or One Tree Hill (those songs are making big comebacks )
  9. they can't keep the Pride/Streets combo for 2 reasons :

1 - It's crap
    2 - They've always changed the song leading into Streets for every tour

I want to see One Tree Hill merge into Streets. After the 'Oh great ocean. . . ' the organ type sound turns into the organs for Streets - Red everywhere - Edge - No Bono talking - Spotlights.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASongThe setlist is going to be like this IMO.

01 New Song
    02 New Song
    03 Vertigo
    04 Elevation
    05 New Song
    07 New Year's Day
    08 Beautiful Day
    09 New Song
    12 Desire
    14 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    ---
    17 New Song
    18 New Song
    20 With Or Without You
    ---
    22 Bad or I Will Follow
    23 New Song or ''40''

Really like the idea of City of Blinding Lights being played as the first encore song.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy
    I want to see One Tree Hill merge into Streets. After the 'Oh great ocean. . . ' the organ type sound turns into the organs for Streets - Red everywhere - Edge - No Bono talking - Spotlights.

Souds great!! I love the idea!!
  12. Originally posted by Genaro92U2thats almost exactly how i imagined it but i think they'll end the shows with Kite or One Tree Hill (those songs are making big comebacks )
    I really don't see the point to Kite as a closing song. It's awesome, but not for the ending of the show.
    Originally posted by germcevoythey can't keep the Pride/Streets combo for 2 reasons :

1 - It's crap
    2 - They've always changed the song leading into Streets for every tour

I can't help agreeing with Reason 1). And of course I'd love to see it like ages back, with the red background etc etc.
    PS. I miswrote it. I wanted to do the combo Streets/Pride (as seen on the Zoo TV), not Pride/Streets (Vertigo Tour).