1. I don't like the album version of Miami, but I can appreciate the live versions...

Grace is almost unbearable for me. It'll put me to sleep, and that's not what I'm looking for in a U2 song. I stop "All That You Can't Leave Behind" when I finish listening to New York.

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of Desire either. Too repetitive, it just goes on and on and one with those same three chords.
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis

Finally. At risk of starting an avalanche of abuse, I really don't get why Stay is so popular. I mean, I like it, but I can take it or leave it. I'll often skip it.

I don't particularly care for the album version, but I think that the way they reinvented the song for the Elevation tour is brilliant. I don't care for the ZooTV version, but just Edge and Bono with the acoustic guitar is great.
  3. Originally posted by TomWillcoxI have to say I'm not a huge fan of Miami or If You Wear That Velvet Dress, but Grace is amazing! It's so peaceful and reassuring...

I don't tend to skip songs cos to me U2 albums are like stories and although some songs are better than others if you skip the poorer ones its like skipping chapters in a book and it doesn't seem complete.

Do I think about things like this too much?

I have to agree with you with Grace...I mean I like it but many here don't like it
  4. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I don't particularly care for the album version, but I think that the way they reinvented the song for the Elevation tour is brilliant. I don't care for the ZooTV version, but just Edge and Bono with the acoustic guitar is great.

I have the same opinion...
  5. I really don't see what is so great about Bad.
  6. Originally posted by thechickenI really don't see what is so great about Bad.

7. Originally posted by thechickenI really don't see what is so great about Bad.

out of interest, have you heard it? I agree that it could be a little better lyrics ways but it sounds amazing. Live or album it never dissapoints
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

out of interest, have you heard it? I agree that it could be a little better lyrics ways but it sounds amazing. Live or album it never dissapoints

What I like about Bad is the emotion. The ups and downs. I'm Wide Awake! I'm Wide Awake! I'm not
    sleeping.
  9. Originally posted by easports43[..]

What I like about Bad is the emotion. The ups and downs. I'm Wide Awake! I'm Wide Awake! I'm not
    sleeping.

and the voice. But these are all reasons that don't even need to be said out loud again
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

and the voice. But these are all reasons that don't even need to be said out loud again

Yeah.
  11. Of course I heard it...and I don't think it deserves all those inumerous performances. It's an ok song, but Grace beats it any day of the weak. In A Little While for instance carries much more emotion on my opinion.
  12. Originally posted by thechickenOf course I heard it...and I don't think it deserves all those inumerous performances. It's an ok song, but Grace beats it any day of the weak. In A Little While for instance carries much more emotion on my opinion.

Yikes. I'd have to disagree with you there.....Can you imagine if they tried to play Grace live? Here's the audience reaction: