1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Really? I think that Party Girl is one of their most funny moments up there. The studio recording is just like made by a 15-years old band... And the live versions are always funny.

Lol well i guess i havent really looked at it in that way, now that you mention that to me it is quite funny and i see you're point.
    i've always seen U2 music as so moving and meaningful and when i heard party girl and bono singing i was like.. "is this the right band?" ha
  2. Originally posted by tuiLol well i guess i havent really looked at it in that way, now that you mention that to me it is quite funny and i see you're point.
    i've always seen U2 music as so moving and meaningful and when i heard party girl and bono singing i was like.. "is this the right band?" ha
    Yes, yes, yes!! That's exactly the point. It's a piece of relaxing music, into their meaningful-moving-political-sentimental discography.That's exactly what i love of Party Girl.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yes, yes, yes!! That's exactly the point. It's a piece of relaxing music, into their meaningful-moving-political-sentimental discography.That's exactly what i love of Party Girl.

oh i see i see.. haha well then i might have to have a little relisten to this baby of a song i can see it in a new light. i'll let you know how it goes ha
  4. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Miami or If You Wear That Velvet Dress, but Grace is amazing! It's so peaceful and reassuring...

I don't tend to skip songs cos to me U2 albums are like stories and although some songs are better than others if you skip the poorer ones its like skipping chapters in a book and it doesn't seem complete.

Do I think about things like this too much?
  5. The Playboy Mansion, and Fire. I never listen to these songs, they're awful in my opinion. But hey, every artist has those songs.
  6. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyThe Playboy Mansion, and Fire. I never listen to these songs, they're awful in my opinion. But hey, every artist has those songs.
    Fire sucks. But Playboy Mansion has something for me.. I can't explain, it's some kind of magnetism, or something like that.
  7. Originally posted by TomWillcoxI have to say I'm not a huge fan of Miami or If You Wear That Velvet Dress, but Grace is amazing! It's so peaceful and reassuring...

I don't tend to skip songs cos to me U2 albums are like stories and although some songs are better than others if you skip the poorer ones its like skipping chapters in a book and it doesn't seem complete.

Do I think about things like this too much?
    Indeed you think too much in it, but you're abslutely right! Skipping tracks (except when they're from October album;P) is like skippng a piece of the hisory that the album is tryin to tell you.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Indeed you think too much in it, but you're abslutely right! Skipping tracks (except when they're from October album;P) is like skippng a piece of the hisory that the album is tryin to tell you.

Finally! someone who thinks likewise!

man you really don't like October though do you?
  9. Still haven't found any U2 song I always skip or I totally don't like.

U2BYU2 has had a great role in this, because thanks to it now I know the meaning or the story behind the songs I didn't like some time ago, so now I like them. Rejoyce, Running To Stand Still, even Pride are the best examples.

10. Originally posted by TomWillcoxFinally! someone who thinks likewise!

man you really don't like October though do you?
    It's not my favorite album, indeed. It contains some good songs, like Gloria, Rejoice and I Threw A Brick. But the rest of the album is quite weak.
    Oh, how could I forget? The song "October" is one of their 10 best songs ever.
  11. Red Light. I don't get it and don't like it. I think October is a great album, but you just have to give it time.

Possibly one other that I have never really had a thing for is If You Wear That Velvet Dress. Only song to bring down POP. Every other single song on that whole album is great. They're probably the only two songs that I have never bothered with and won't bother with any time soon.

"Songs are like smells. They're not like a movie you see once or twice, three times...."

I guess you could kinda relate the not-so-great songs to that quote of Bono's.
  12. Elvis Presley and Playboy Mansion..I also disliked Numb, until I heard it live.