1. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Live. The album version isn't good but at least not that long.

its over 6 minutes. many ZooTV performances didn't last that long. Do you like them?
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

its over 6 minutes. many ZooTV performances didn't last that long. Do you like them?

6 minutes is quite short compared to the 10-15 minutes versions they used to make of it. There's virtually no version of the song I like. Sometimes it's saved by some snippets but I just can't stand that backing loop, I guess.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Lemon and Stay also. Haven't listened to the actual album in a long while. Might throw it on the ipod tonite. I'm in the mod

Lemon is still growing on me....I always loved Stay, until I heard it on the Boston DVD....now I can't really listen to the album version anymore since the stripped-down acoustic version is so much better!
  4. Originally posted by yeah[..]

6 minutes is quite short compared to the 10-15 minutes versions they used to make of it. There's virtually no version of the song I like. Sometimes it's saved by some snippets but I just can't stand that backing loop, I guess.

Sometimes I think that the Live Aid version went on for too long....but after reading U2 by U2, I always laugh when I hear/see that performance. The rest of the band having no idea where Bono had run off to, wondering if they should just keep playing, or what. Great stuff!
  5. Originally posted by yeah[..]

but I just can't stand that backing loop, I guess.

i'd second that. Its just way too dominant sometimes and I don't think it offers much to the song. I also dislike the WOWY loop when its too dominant (Milan DVD)
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Lemon is still growing on me....I always loved Stay, until I heard it on the Boston DVD....now I can't really listen to the album version anymore since the stripped-down acoustic version is so much better!

I can only listen to Lemon live. its bloody awesome live
  7. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I always loved Stay, until I heard it on the Boston DVD....now I can't really listen to the album version anymore since the stripped-down acoustic version is so much better!

Funny thing is, that for me it's completely reversed. Love the studio version, hate the stripped down live versions.
    Also the video is one of the best they made.
  8. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Funny thing is, that for me it's completely reversed. Love the studio version, hate the stripped down live versions.
    Also the video is one of the best they made.

I also prefer the album and Zooropa live versions rather than the stripped down performances. Don't think Bono could sing it too well when it was stripped down so much
  9. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

oh yeah. you cant beat the acoustic version, and i still havent got it right on my acoustic guitar.
  10. Originally posted by robbie07[..]

oh yeah. you cant beat the acoustic version, and i still havent got it right on my acoustic guitar.

which part? I found a really good tab a while back that helped me nail it.

EDIT: But then again, it's all just chords and plucking the right strings anyways...
  11. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Fair enough. I didn't mean to come across as attacking your viewpoint. To each his own, right?

No problems mate.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoyI can only listen to Lemon live. its bloody awesome live
    The same here. It's bloody awesome, and the link with With Or Without You is Absolutely Brilliant. Best link ever. Even better than Please/Streets.