1. forgot to mention Elvis Presely and America
  2. Have to agree with you there Like A Song, October (the song) is awesome. especially live versions when Larry's just doing that tapping sound for ages until Bono comes in...and then pre-Until The End Of The World it was what came before New Years Day. Such a great duo in a setlist...
  3. i really dont like numb.
    its absolute rubbish in my opinion, but lots of people here seem to like it.
  4. Elvis Presley and America is U2 top 10 song for me. For me only Lemon has better lyrics. True improvised masterpiece if you ask me.

Miami played live is...wow...just awesome.

I don't get songs like "Smile" because it seems there's no story behind it.
  5. Originally posted by robbie07i really dont like numb.
    its absolute rubbish in my opinion, but lots of people here seem to like it.

most like it just because Edges sings it. Makes it a novelty. Over-rated amogst U2 fans in my opinion
  6. I cant really get into I Threw Brick, get drumming though and love how on UBRS seques into A Day Without Me.
  7. Originally posted by YogiI don't get songs like "Smile" because it seems there's no story behind it.

I think because it was never released as a proper song. But very nice though. Others like Levitate, Native Son, Mercy etc there's a story behind but Smile has no story.
  8. Originally posted by jdoyle84I cant really get into I Threw Brick, get drumming though and love how on UBRS seques into A Day Without Me.

Brick is all about that catchy riff. I think its a fantastic early song
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

It is really..Great song played live.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

If I had to get only one song from the album October, I Threw A Brick Through A Window would be that one.
  11. The first time
    Red light
    Playboy Mansion
    Miami (i'm talking about Cd-version, i hate it )
    Stuck in a moment...
  12. Red Light
    Fire
    Numb
    Miami
    Daddy's Gonna Pay...

I either don't get what the band were hoping to acheive with these or why other fans like them so much (although Miami (CD version certainly) seems universally derided.

There are other songs I don't like too; Grace, Peace on Earth but I can see why they are there and why they are liked by some. They're just not my taste.

Several of the B-sides are tricky too as they are often throw-away or have evolved into something better. I agree with previous posters about Party Girl, never been my thing.

Finally. At risk of starting an avalanche of abuse, I really don't get why Stay is so popular. I mean, I like it, but I can take it or leave it. I'll often skip it.