1. Hey ReclinerMan, is your version of Phoenix 85 the same as the one which is here, on the site?
  2. Originally posted by easports43By the way ReclinerMan, this is off-topic, but since you're a fellow Beatles fan what is your favorite song
    of The Beatles?

Hard question, can't say. I have a fondness for each one of their songs, even and including "Wild Honey Pie" and "Revolution 9." I will tell you that my favorite Beatles album and what I believe is the greatest album of all-time is "Revolver." I think the coolest thing to say about The Beatles is how many albums and songs can be considered what I call "game changers." Compositions that broke the rules and created new ones that artists continue to emulate today. Much like great paintings and sculptures.

Originally posted by Elektrik2007Hey ReclinerMan, is your version of Phoenix 85 the same as the one which is here, on the site?

Yes, it is, but I modified the recording to adjust the spacing and positions of the tracks. Do you know of a better bootleg? If you do, that would be great.
  3. Unfortunately, there is no better recording known to me...
    This is ECM Mics > D6 Master > Analog 1st > CDR and it's currently the best version so far circulating on the Internet.
  4. Originally posted by ReclinerMan[..]

Hard question, can't say. I have a fondness for each one of their songs, even and including "Wild Honey Pie" and "Revolution 9." I will tell you that my favorite Beatles album and what I believe is the greatest album of all-time is "Revolver." I think the coolest thing to say about The Beatles is how many albums and songs can be considered what I call "game changers." Compositions that broke the rules and created new ones that artists continue to emulate today. Much like great paintings and sculptures.

Wow! That's hilarious! I just got Revolver yesterday! I haven't really gotten a chance to listen
    to much of it yet. I'll be sure to check it out. So far out of the albums I have, my favorites
    are Abbey Road, Let It Be...Naked, Magical Mystery Tour and Rubber Soul.

5. Moderator’s Notes:

2001-06-17 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden

General Jots:

It’s official, New York is the best place to play in the good ol’ U.S. of A. Many audience members were singing their hearts out to many of the lyrics to those songs new and old. Not only that, I wonder why in the world a good amount of U2 fans hate on the Elevation Tour. I happen to think it’s one of their best tours as well as one of their most important.

I still don’t like audience bootlegs though, and I wish their was a better master of that show, because the source couldn’t take the heavy sound throughout the show. On the other hand, I didn’t mind as much as I usually would because the performance of the band was the pure definition of fire – as in “on fire.” (Sorry, I know that was lame…) There always seems to be a sense of ecstasy whenever the band and crowd are one and they certainly were.

Essential Moments:

“Kite,” “New York,” “In a Little While,” “Sunday Bloody Sunday,” “With or Without You” and “The Fly” were all awesome in this show. I really like hearing “Johnny Was” during “Sunday Bloody Sunday,” it just feels appropriate to me somehow. I also loved hearing “In My Life” snippeted before “Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of,” as a Beatles geek would obviously say. The two essential songs to any U2 concert, “Where the Streets Have No Name” and “One” got me because, both of them are well performed, but I always love the sense of spiritual unity during those songs and they always ring out – every time, including tonight.

Though the things that struck a chord with me the most were: hearing Bono talk about how they may not come back to New York on this tour… and I thought how they would end up being the only band that can heal the city after 9/11. I can’t wait to hear those shows. I loved hearing Joey Ramone’s “I’ll Remember You,” it was sung from the heart from a man who always respected him not as an artist, but a poet. Finally, hearing “Walk On” during any Elevation show, is like listening to a prayer. It never leaves you.

Thanks u2met86.
  6. ReclinerMan,

Is U2met86 going to pick every bootleg or are we still letting people volunteer? If so, I have
    one for next week that I'd like to discuss. I'm just now listening to New York. Looking forward
    to discussing it with you guys!
  7. Originally posted by easports43ReclinerMan,

Is U2met86 going to pick every bootleg or are we still letting people volunteer? If so, I have
    one for next week that I'd like to discuss. I'm just now listening to New York. Looking forward
    to discussing it with you guys!

hey easports43,

i definitely will not be choosing all of them! i don't even think we established formal rules for that, but my understanding was that we would take turns in general.

i got the last show because a show popped into my mind and i got all excited about it and asked if i could go... pretty much EXACTLY the way you sound now, so i would put my vote for you to choose the next one.

cheers!
  8. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

hey easports43,

i definitely will not be choosing all of them! i don't even think we established formal rules for that, but my understanding was that we would take turns in general.

i got the last show because a show popped into my mind and i got all excited about it and asked if i could go... pretty much EXACTLY the way you sound now, so i would put my vote for you to choose the next one.

cheers!

Thanks U2met86! if it's OK with ReclinerMan, I'll gladly pick the next one. I have one that sorta has
    special meaning to me, but also because it's one of my favorite bootlegs, and the sound quality
    is pretty good.
  9. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Thanks U2met86! if it's OK with ReclinerMan, I'll gladly pick the next one. I have one that sorta has
    special meaning to me, but also because it's one of my favorite bootlegs, and the sound quality
    is pretty good.

I say go ahaed and choose. I could do with someone choosing which bootleg I should listen to over the next day or 2
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I say go ahaed and choose. I could do with someone choosing which bootleg I should listen to over the next day or 2

Great! This is a very special show in my mind. I was not at this show, but it's from my home state, Indiana! The show is also on Bono's Birthday. The show is 2001-05-10 Indianapolis. The show has great audio quality, and
    a great audience. And has my favorite version of Elevation from the Elevation Tour. Hope you guys enjoy!
  11. I don't have it but i'm gna download it
  12. Originally posted by germcevoyI don't have it but i'm gna download it

Definitely worth it!