1. Originally posted by ReclinerMan[..]

May I just mention that the third leg of the Elevation Tour sounds like some of the finest shows they ever done. They were the only band that could truly heal the broken spirit of America after 9/11. I plan to get that bootleg as well, easports43.

I wonder... do you think we should just freeball the area when we talk? Just have people reply when they can?

Tell me your thoughts.

P.S. germcevoy, look on the first page...

Yeah I think that would work better. I think we want as many people involved as possible,
    and for that to happen we need a longer period of time. Just a thought.
  2. Well, we could make the time period two weeks. As I put in my original post (a week or two). What do you think?
  3. Originally posted by ReclinerManWell, we could make the time period two weeks. As I put in my original post (a week or two). What do you think?

You're the boss! I think that's an appropriate amount of time. But I do think
    we should make separate threads for each bootleg, for people who want
    to keep talking about a certain bootleg or join in late, that way they don't
    clog up this thread with old bootlegs. Just a thought.
  4. Originally posted by ReclinerMan[..]
    P.S. germcevoy, look on the first page...

A lot of staff on this one. I've just downloaded my copy of the Indianapolis show
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

A lot of staff on this one. I've just downloaded my copy of the Indianapolis show

Yeah there is a lot of staff.
  6. Originally posted by easports43
    You're the boss! I think that's an appropriate amount of time. But I do think
    we should make separate threads for each bootleg, for people who want
    to keep talking about a certain bootleg or join in late, that way they don't
    clog up this thread with old bootlegs. Just a thought.

Well, I talked with Remy... it's not possible, that's a shame.

Anyway, I will be listening to the Elevation show that you stated. I hope it's good.

Time period will be two weeks.
  7. Moderator’s Notes:

2001-05-10 - Indianapolis, Indiana - Conseco Fieldhouse

General Jots:

I remember a quote The Edge said once when talking about the Joshua Tree Tour, he said, “In those days, when a U2 show went badly, it could go very badly indeed.” Who says it just had to be those days, it happens here, too.

This show made me sad. The vibe of the show seemed rather tired, band included, but especially Bono. He sounded subdued, depressed or drunk (the latter is my belief). He seemed to get desperate when he invited all of those girls onto the stage during “Mysterious Ways” just to get something going.

All I’m just saying is that he was more behaved during the show in Chicago for the Vertigo Tour, as highlighted in the DVD.

Essential Moments:

The biggest shame is that this was one of the best audience bootlegs I’ve heard, but it’s wasted on a bad show. Personally, I don’t care if I listen to this show again.

Sorry.
  8. can we get this up and running again
  9. Originally posted by germcevoycan we get this up and running again

Let's. I'm up for it (found time with my laptop!)
  10. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Let's. I'm up for it (found time with my laptop!)

we'l give it a while longer and someone can pick a bootleg
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

we'l give it a while longer and someone can pick a bootleg

Let's keep an eye on it and bump the topic if necessary. It's quiet on here today.
  12. Sign me up for the next listening.