1. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Phew...quite difficult..again. But are you talking about a specific song or the show itself??

Another clue:

This show will be in the memory of all hearts even if U2 fades away...
  2. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

Another clue:

This show will be in the memory of all hearts even if U2 fades away...

Must be Slane then...(I guess 3 clues means 3 times to guess...)
  3. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Must be Slane then...(I guess 3 clues means 3 times to guess...)

It is Slane, although the 2nd clue gave it away. Pristine - Slane's awesome quality, although in memory because we offer one, in lower quality.
  4. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

It is Slane, although the 2nd clue gave it away. Pristine - Slane's awesome quality, although in memory because we offer one, in lower quality.

Slane IS great, Slane IS U2, Slane IS music at it's very best...
  5. So who's turn is it next time to pick a boot? I noticed one thing missing from BRT. For me, this is very progressive, something I'm not used to yet. And it's not from U2's early days...
  6. Originally posted by aussiemofo
    The Fly intro- Love the Fly here but where is "You walk out into the sports hall..." intro?

Again, I'm opened to being corrected, but I thought that Bono improvised this intro bit from venue to venue. The "Walk out into a sports hall" bit was specific to Boston as several lights were added to the show to make it shootable for the film, and it gave the show a completely different look than what the rest of the tour had been.
  7. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Again, I'm opened to being corrected, but I thought that Bono improvised this intro bit from venue to venue. The "Walk out into a sports hall" bit was specific to Boston as several lights were added to the show to make it shootable for the film, and it gave the show a completely different look than what the rest of the tour had been.

Ok mate. I just preferred that intro is all. Thanks for picking this gig. I obviously enjoyed it a lot more than others did. I loved the setlist and the audience was good, Adam being pretty mute in parts was really my only big criticism - that and Desire. I'm going to keep it. I really don't know why people hate diversity in setlists....
  8. Originally posted by stj0691 If anything they could've played Miami and got a better response from the audience.
    Hmmmm, that would've have been 4 Pop songs in a row (Counting the long snippet). Fat chance.

Originally posted by stj0691 In a Little While is another song that left the audience alienated, alongside me.
    That's really funny because it was one of the best versions I've ever heard.

Many other points that we've disagreed on, but that's the beauty of this forum.

I would encourage U2 to experiment with their set, especially early in the tour, and that's exactly what they did here. It's something they didn't do enough of during Popmart - same setlist the whole way through.
  9. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..] Hmmmm, that would've have been 4 Pop songs in a row (Counting the long snippet). Fat chance.

[..] That's really funny because it was one of the best versions I've ever heard.

Many other points that we've disagreed on, but that's the beauty of this forum.

I would encourage U2 to experiment with their set, especially early in the tour, and that's exactly what they did here. It's something they didn't do enough of during Popmart - same setlist the whole way through.

Yea 4 Pop songs wouldnt be happenin. Miami is hated around here by a lot, so what I was trying to say was they couldve played anything other than New York. Perhaps Acrobats first performance? As for In a Little While, I just didn't get it.

Indeed, I love this forum as well. I could leave alone LLR for a month and nothing would change. And yea, I like it when bands change up the set. It gives a sense of unpredictability, which is what rock'n'roll is about. Maybe thats why PopMart got pissed on so much by the critics too. However PopMart changed up a little... Mofo's pause, switching around the order of songs (like Gone then EBTTRT, although when EBTTRT was 3rd it kinda felt like Zoo TV), etc.

I wish U2 would experiment not just with their newer material, but older stuff too. Like how on Elevation they brought back Out of Control. Or on Vertigo they brought back more Boy era stuff. Perhaps the new tour could feature War? But then again, they did play some odds and sods at 2007-11-23 - Islington, England - Union Chapel. I could definitely go for a live version of Stay again! And bring back Elevation's Fly!!!!!!!

EDIT: I got a little carried away there...
  10. So hey, should there be a list of shows reviewed? This could certainly help with a lot. Perhaps like what date it was started and check out the reviews on our own. It would show that even 3 star shows can be awesome. Most people go for 4 or 5 stars. Perhaps like this setting:

for example ----------random dates. people, shows, etc...

2020-05-16 ----- choice made by PaulBonoHewsonIII ------ 2019-12-31 Slane Castle Farewell Show

11. Yea, but that hasnt really been updated. It will show who's turn it is, what shows, what date, and so on. It could organize BRT even better than it is now.

Is it possible I could open up a topic like Dan's w/ what I said?