1. Early versions for the Boston, Lido Beach, NY, etc. bootlegs, and they rock!
  2. Lido Beach
  3. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    Well, I was trying to look at it from the fans' point of view. Taking into account the sentiment I've picked up on whilst lurking around the U2 community, and I'm pretty sure October would score itself a very unfavourable position were the albums to be (theoretically) ranked by every U2 fan. My own opinions weren't really factoring in, although I certainly wouldn't be ranking it too highly either.

I like your point though. It's actually quite refreshing to see how much controversy *suggestion x* stirs up. One but not the same indeed.
    It's all about the individual. Like asking what my favorite U2 album/songs is. Might be different next week than it is today...

To me, it's all about the time in my life they came out.

And I think most people probably would put an album of songs about faith that was for the most part improvised because of the first "incidence" of lost lyrics and having studio commitments to keep at the bottom of their lists... Which is part of what I love about it.
  4. Originally posted by Bloodraven:The October album is good, but I can't help think of some of its songs like some sort of the Salome tapes:
    They're like early versions of a really really awesome album.
    In a way, they are.
  5. Some songs improve tremendously when played live.
    But if we're including live versions, there's some redanka mix I want to include in the discussion...
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Some songs improve tremendously when played live.
    But if we're including live versions, there's some redanka mix I want to include in the discussion...
    I blocked all the memories of that...
  7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Some songs improve tremendously when played live.
    +1
  8. Oh, FYI, I meant Silver and Gold (Sun City version). I quite like the normal and live versions, so I'm not a troll Tim.
  9. In that case, you're off the hook.
  10. Horrible version.
  11. Wild Honey... seriously... WTF?