1. #Pato4Mod
  2. I love both ...but in a list ( and for many people too ) will be very down ...is there a topic with "rank the albums" and you can see there
  3. Originally posted by Ross1441:I never expected this to be so controversial. If we ranked the U2 albums (with a large sample size of fans), October would be very, very far down the list. Likely bottom, if not second.

Says the guy who wasn't even a twinkle in his pappy's eyes when it came out!

That's the interesting thing about the band and all of us. We're one, but we're not the same.

Boy and October are desert island discs, to me. I often argue that they are a double album soundtrack in my life. They are very thematic records to me for the place I was at when they were released. Growing up and maturing physically (Boy) and then spiritually (October) these were like the blueprints of my transition into my teens...
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    So, just curious... If Boots wasn't the "lead single" you'd like it more?

People thought The Fly was a shitty lead single, too!
    No, I'd like it as much as I do now.
    My point is that it got a worse reputation because of it being the lead single, otherwise it wouldn't get the hate it usually recieves.

[edit]And I just deleted another long paragraph talking about my opinions on Achtung/The Fly vs NLOTH/Boots, which are pointless in here[/edit]
  5. I'll go quietly then... I heard atu2 is a chirpy place.
  6. the bluesy one? yeah, I know... it's good but it's like 3 minutes too long.

(And I don't get why the dislike on Wild Honey... it's a silly fun song in the middle of the album... ok, maybe it's also another glorified b-side, but nothing to hate about it for me)
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

Says the guy who wasn't even a twinkle in his pappy's eyes when it came out!

That's the interesting thing about the band and all of us. We're one, but we're not the same.

Boy and October are desert island discs, to me. I often argue that they are a double album soundtrack in my life. They are very thematic records to me for the place I was at when they were released. Growing up and maturing physically (Boy) and then spiritually (October) these were like the blueprints of my transition into my teens...
    Well, I was trying to look at it from the fans' point of view. Taking into account the sentiment I've picked up on whilst lurking around the U2 community, and I'm pretty sure October would score itself a very unfavourable position were the albums to be (theoretically) ranked by every U2 fan. My own opinions weren't really factoring in, although I certainly wouldn't be ranking it too highly either.

I like your point though. It's actually quite refreshing to see how much controversy *suggestion x* stirs up. One but not the same indeed.
  8. The October album is good, but I can't help think of some of its songs like some sort of the Salome tapes:
    They're like early versions of a really really awesome album.