1. Don't take me seriously, either! I like Boots more than Miami or Vertigo, so I'm crazier than you!
  2. I never expected this to be so controversial. If we ranked the U2 albums (with a large sample size of fans), October would be very, very far down the list. Likely bottom, if not second.
  3. Originally posted by Ross1441:I never expected this to be so controversial. If we ranked the U2 albums (with a large sample size of fans), October would be very, very far down the list. Likely bottom, if not second.
  4. Easy, Red Light and The Refugee

/thread
  5. Wild Honey is much better than:
    Elvis Ate America
    Refugee
    Stand Up Comedy
    One Step Closer
    Grace
    4th of July
    Another Day
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Including everything, even all their collaborations:
    Haiti mon amour
    Maybe the only song that I hate that I know they were involved in any form.

Including no collaborations but Passengers:
    I don't dislike none of it, but if I want to listen to Eno music, I'd rather play a Brian Eno album than this one, so even if I don't dislike them, pick almost any of the acoustic ones.

Including b-sides and rarities but no collaborations at all:
    Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad.
    Similar to last one, if I ever wanted to listen Sinatra music (which I don't), I'd rather listen to him. I need to be in a very special mood to get into this one.

Including only the 13 albums:
    4th of july, maybe.
    And I like it, but if there was the need to sacrifice one song in order for U2 to exist, that would be the one I could live without.

---

Some comments on other songs:

Boots: Nice song, terrible lead single.
    Stand Up: Nice b-side, very weak album track
    Stranger in a Strange Land: Nice demo
    The Refugee: Interesting b-side, weak album track

Miami: awesome
    Grace: awesome
    Scarlet: awesome
    Numb: awesome
    So, just curious... If Boots wasn't the "lead single" you'd like it more?

People thought The Fly was a shitty lead single, too!
  7. Originally posted by Ross1441:I never expected this to be so controversial. If we ranked the U2 albums (with a large sample size of fans), October would be very, very far down the list. Likely bottom, if not second.
    October bootlegs are fantastic. The songs sound much better than the album.
  8. I find all of these songs interesting in their failures. Wild Honey is just a really generic U2 sound with zero character.

Listening to Wild Honey:

9. maybe ... is hard to compare early work when they were young and growing and the last cds where they already were the best band of the world

Saying this : Another day is poor , but Stand Up Comedy and Wild honey
  10. Also, the Silver and Gold version in the JT Deluxe Edition... what the f*** was that?