1. Originally posted by pontneuf:Just read this over on zootopia at U2.com forums -

A Ticketmaster rep just told me on the phone that presale codes are NOT guaranteed for all fan club members. He said they just had a meeting about it this morning and that it would be a lottery-type system where only some fan club members will receive codes and others will not. I looked at some of the information on FAQs posted on U2.com and it seems like he's correct... This is copied directly from the FAQs (note the part that I bolded in red): "Once I complete all the steps on the Account Info page, will I have access to the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale? All subscribers who complete the required steps and are verified will be equally eligible to receive an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale."

That sure sounds to me like it's not a guarantee. That is a slap in the face to the fan club members who have paid thousands of dollars on memberships and concert tickets. In the name of preventing scalpers from getting tickets, we are being forced into this Verified Fan system that doesn't even guarantee that we will get a presale code. Doesn't seem very fan-friendly to me... I'm so frustrated... Every single presale is the cause of a lot of stress and disappointment for U2's most devoted fans.

I really hope that TM rep was confused. This is some serious BS.
    VerifiedFan is a lot of things, but amongst it it's a system to detect whether someone is a scalper. In this context that means that if you are not a scalper, you will be guaranteed of a code. But if VerifiedFan somehow with their logic sees you as a scalper, you won't. This is why the U2.com support people tell you that there's no guarantee, otherwise the need of VerifiedFan wouldn't even be there

So everyone here should be fine.
  2. we will see it tomorrow
  3. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    VerifiedFan is a lot of things, but amongst it it's a system to detect whether someone is a scalper. In this context that means that if you are not a scalper, you will be guaranteed of a code. But if VerifiedFan somehow with their logic sees you as a scalper, you won't. This is why the U2.com support people tell you that there's no guarantee, otherwise the need of VerifiedFan wouldn't even be there

So everyone here should be fine.
    Yes... what Remy said.

TM has to cover their asses with that disclaimer. TM/LiveNation might be a lot of things, but stupid ain't one of them. It would be a PR nightmare for them and the band... never mind the loss of revenue from subscribers not renewing if all didn't receive codes... I guess we wait until the next few days to find out for sure, but I can't see it happening.
  4. Still waiting on that ticketmaster email with details for presale
  5. ditto
  6. I just finished my process and says that the setup is complete and I'm in the iNNONCENCE group. I should be ok right?
    Seeing that no one has gotten the email
  7. process was over last night
  8. anyone get an email yet?