1. They will play the bulk of SOE and a smattering of the warhorse collection plus I hope a couple of rarities such as 11 o'clock, velvet dress, seconds
  2. My opinion is that the variety has to increase. If you see the set lists of the last 4 European gigs it's just too similar. If variety means that Bullet and ISHFWILF will be dropped, then fine with me. Streets without Bono talking over the intro must remain in the set list. I really see TTYW coming back, it really worked live. Don't really care about WOWY though.
  3. Variety won't happen much if it's a big production stadium tour as they will have to work around WW video show .
    Plus the shows are not designed for fans to see over and over , they are aimed at the majority who just do the 1 show
  4. Yes
  5. I would love them to drop WOWY, I Still Haven't Found,One, Pride etc... but it won't happen
  6. The only other band on the scale of U2 is the Stones , what do they do set wise ? I imagine they always play the war horses ?
  7. Where the Streets Have No Name should never be miss a show.

I can't really see them dropping With or Without You, as it is quite possibly their best-known song, but I'd love to see it rotated (come on, even if it was played at 2/3 of a tour, just not every single show!)

Before this tour I'd have gladly said to drop I Still Haven't Found, but it sounded so much better this year than it has since ZooTV, basically (maybe excepting 360, where it seemed to be pretty consistently good). Still, though, I think ISHF should become a 'sometimes' song - pull it out at a show where the crowd is giving them good vibes and really energetic, or something.

And as for Bullet, it never really disappoints live, and I loved the reworked 2015 version. BUT, will it be a key part of the narrative next tour? Maybe not. Maybe if the shift from Innocence to Experience is a shift from 80s to 90s (which I used think seemed likely but now I'm not so sure of) they could use something from Achtung Baby or (yeah, I know) Pop instead. Alternatively, they could put in Exit - there's no way they aren't enjoying playing that monster this year! On a related note, I hope that dusting off those other TJT songs they don't typically play has increased our chances for some setlist variation next year...

Basically, when the Experience tour rolls round, I think something like this would be good...
    - Streets at every show, like it should be
    - With or Without You regularly but not nightly (assuming a 2015-style tour built around multi-show stays in cities, maybe replace it at one show in cities with four or more shows?)
    - Bullet ideally replaced with Exit or a 90s aggressive rocker, but no big deal if it stays
    - I Still Haven't Found, Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country, or maybe the other TJT songs played as occasional, rotational songs
  8. Originally posted by Timk68:The only other band on the scale of U2 is the Stones , what do they do set wise ? I imagine they always play the war horses ?
    Yeah I think it's the usuals like Jumpin Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Woman, Sympathy For The Devil, Satisfaction etc. Most bands do the same thing though, even Pearl Jam who rotate loads tend to play alive at just about every gig and usually ten is quite well represented. Green Day play the likes of American Idiot, good riddance, and the foo fighters play all my life, times like these.
  9. The Stones always play the same songs just because Keith has learned em all by Memory.if anyone dares to change the list i think Mr.Richards would stop playing
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Where the Streets Have No Name should never be miss a show.

I can't really see them dropping With or Without You, as it is quite possibly their best-known song, but I'd love to see it rotated (come on, even if it was played at 2/3 of a tour, just not every single show!)

Before this tour I'd have gladly said to drop I Still Haven't Found, but it sounded so much better this year than it has since ZooTV, basically (maybe excepting 360, where it seemed to be pretty consistently good). Still, though, I think ISHF should become a 'sometimes' song - pull it out at a show where the crowd is giving them good vibes and really energetic, or something.

And as for Bullet, it never really disappoints live, and I loved the reworked 2015 version. BUT, will it be a key part of the narrative next tour? Maybe not. Maybe if the shift from Innocence to Experience is a shift from 80s to 90s (which I used think seemed likely but now I'm not so sure of) they could use something from Achtung Baby or (yeah, I know) Pop instead. Alternatively, they could put in Exit - there's no way they aren't enjoying playing that monster this year! On a related note, I hope that dusting off those other TJT songs they don't typically play has increased our chances for some setlist variation next year...

Basically, when the Experience tour rolls round, I think something like this would be good...
    - Streets at every show, like it should be
    - With or Without You regularly but not nightly (assuming a 2015-style tour built around multi-show stays in cities, maybe replace it at one show in cities with four or more shows?)
    - Bullet ideally replaced with Exit or a 90s aggressive rocker, but no big deal if it stays
    - I Still Haven't Found, Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country, or maybe the other TJT songs played as occasional, rotational songs
    Streets is *the* song.

Even Pride, WOWY, One, ISHFWILF, haven't been played at *every* show :

Pride has missed sometimes 30+ shows in a row.
    WOWY missed 30+ shows in a row.
    One missed around 40% of I+E shows
    ISHFILF I managed to see once out of 10 I+E shows.

Personally, BTBS should be retired now, forever. Exit should replace it.
  11. Bullet out
    Replaced by In Gods Country
    Fast song.two minutes.
    Streets should never be left out.pivotal moment at every Concert
    With or without you is beginning to get old.so...out
    Red Hill mining Town has Got new life so i think they'll play it again...
    But we have to consider the fact that SOI has Got a short life.it's been player only once cos we had SOI tour then TJTT.so in the next tour they will play songs from it.then we'll have SOE.
    So...u2 will have to ge rid of some staples
  12. Only staples shoud stay is Streets, SBS and I Will Follow