1. It's brilliant. No qualms saying it's one of the best they've ever written, never mind what era. Listened to it more than any other since I got the album. So melancholy yet despite the obvious sadness at its heart, I get a sense of hope from it. Not sure why.
  2. This tune is fantastic . Its so superior to the live versions I heard from JT tour IMO. Bono's voice was so strained and the tune sounded stale to me . Studio version is so good , and I love the buildup towards the end .
  3. The way the drums come in and the way Bono sings:

Oh la la la I'm not a ghost now
    I can see you
    You need to see me

just sounds so vulnerable and it's so musically pleasing. For some reason this little part of the song sounds so much like a "surrender" to what the song is about, like a final plea from Paul to Bono.

Fuck, this tune is amazeballs.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:The way the drums come in and the way Bono sings:

Oh la la la I'm not a ghost now
    I can see you
    You need to see me

just sounds so vulnerable and it's so musically pleasing. For some reason this little part of the song sounds so much like a "surrender" to what the song is about, like a final plea from Paul to Bono.

Fuck, this tune is amazeballs.
    Y . E . S .
  5. The song is simply brilliant but breaks my heart as it suggests the end is near for U2 .
  6. AMAZING YES play it in my car right now while waiting for my wife. Full volume on. WOW so great song.
  7. Great song! Everybody’s end gets near, so not too sure it signals anything specific about the end of the band. They still have two or three tours in them, and even more albums. Me thinks.
  8. everybody can give it their own read to the song, but according to the innocence vs experience and the brush with mortality narratives, this song has nothing to do with the end of U2.
  9. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    everybody can give it their own read to the song, but according to the innocence vs experience and the brush with mortality narratives, this song has nothing to do with the end of U2.
    Indeed
  10. I still hear "the end is here", not near. Not that it changes much of the song.

But wow, I wan't impressed by this song at all when they first played it and in fact I was glad they didn't play it in Miami. But now, hearing the studio version, I can't stop singing it every day all day and I just want them to play it every night next year. It's one of the best songs they have written in years, the lyrics are some of Bono's best ever, the build up is spectacular.
    I can see myself crying when they play it live at my shows

11. Originally posted by EDDMB:This tune is fantastic . Its so superior to the live versions I heard from JT tour IMO. Bono's voice was so strained and the tune sounded stale to me . Studio version is so good , and I love the buildup towards the end .
    Hello did you heard the 'kimmel' live version ? They sang it with passion , really powerful
    I listened To it so many times i'm a bit incomfortable with the studio version