Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Concerts: 54
  1. do you have news about mixrl and periscope for tomorrow night?
  2. At the tip of the T-stage (if you can get that spot since it's the most wanted one in this tour)
  3. Ok... My buddy just went to see Paul McCartney last night and he just sent me the setlist... Now granted, Beatles songs are notoriously short, but dude is 75 years old, played 39 songs, timing in at over 3 hours...

So, that being said... my point is, I guess, ya think you could muster the strength and stamina to give us at least 25 songs, guys?
  4. Do you think we'll get a DVD of this tour in time for Christmas? I really hope so!
  5. If they drop a new album in November or so, than really doubt they will release a JT Tour DVD
  6. Of course they will. $$$

You're asking the question related to a band who just released a second anniversary edition of an existing album.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Of course they will. $$$

You're asking the question related to a band who just released a second anniversary edition of an existing album.
    I think if they do release a DVD it will delay the release of SOE. I can't see them releasing both around the same time or a Joshua tree DVD after SOE has been released. The only other thing could be having a JT tour DVD included with a SOE deluxe set. They had the Milan DVD with u218 so it's been sort of done before albeit u218 was a compilation and not an entirely new album.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think if they do release a DVD it will delay the release of SOE. I can't see them releasing both around the same time or a Joshua tree DVD after SOE has been released. The only other thing could be having a JT tour DVD included with a SOE deluxe set. They had the Milan DVD with u218 so it's been sort of done before albeit u218 was a compilation and not an entirely new album.
    Yeah could be! Or they wait another year with releasing it.
  9. What about radio broadcasts for this tour? Nothing there either - something like that Sheffield 2009 show (wow - can't believe that's been eight years, already).

By comparison, there's lots of recent high-quality Radiohead bootlegs out there. Mind you, they have been playing an awful lot of festivals of late which I guess get "webcasted."
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:What about radio broadcasts for this tour? Nothing there either - something like that Sheffield 2009 show (wow - can't believe that's been eight years, already).

By comparison, there's lots of recent high-quality Radiohead bootlegs out there. Mind you, they have been playing an awful lot of festivals of late which I guess get "webcasted."
    I've always wondered how exactly it works with radio broadcasts. Is it the bands idea or does the radio station come to them? The fact they never let Bonnaroo get shown suggest they're keen to keep the tour material relatively hidden, at least in terms of not having a professional recording out there but I think that has the most chance of changing in leg 3 when the majority of the tour has already past. Maybe this is the approach in general with the current management team as we got very little for the I&E tour as well (I think there was a few tracks played on radio for one show?).
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    or it could be next year's subscribers gift... that would be cool!