Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Would be cool, but would they do 2 consecutive JT themed subscriber gifts?
  2. They could please all fans by making the subscribers gift a DVD/cd set from TJT tour. I'd even be happy with it only being TJT tracks in audio to keep it to 1cd or throw in 2 or 3 others to take the cd up to its limit. I think you might be right though Greg 2 years on the trot when the anniversary will be over and the new album will probably be out, I can't see it happening.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:They could please all fans by making the subscribers gift a DVD/cd set from TJT tour. I'd even be happy with it only being TJT tracks in audio to keep it to 1cd or throw in 2 or 3 others to take the cd up to its limit. I think you might be right though Greg 2 years on the trot when the anniversary will be over and the new album will probably be out, I can't see it happening.
    And I'd pick this year's vinyl gift set anyway... I'll get the concert video from YouTube!
  4. I'm not saying it will happen,they don't make the gifts so cool... We will get some stupid litographs or another cd of remixes... Last great gift was U22.
  5. Yeah if your into your vinyl this years gift is pretty cool. I think they should really start giving the option of cd or vinyl though with the usual MP3 downloads which they are still doing to be fair. I think as a package we're getting a good deal this year but I'd always prefer more official audio and/or video content than a well packaged product, both is ideal though.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah if your into your vinyl this years gift is pretty cool. I think they should really start giving the option of cd or vinyl though with the usual MP3 downloads which they are still doing to be fair. I think as a package we're getting a good deal this year but I'd always prefer more official audio and/or video content than a well packaged product, both is ideal though.
    I just think a live DVD is boring and lacks imagination. Especially today when you can on YouTube and see just about every show in it's entirety (maybe not pro-shot, but hey) And I think, based on past trends, if they release this as a DVD, it will be a commercial release since their has been for just about every tour since Zoo TV, why would they change that up now?

I think the thing about gifts is offering up something different. This year's gift, even if you don't have a turntable, I bet these will look great framed. And I'll bet they'll be more valuable down the road... Just my two cents.
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I just think a live DVD is boring and lacks imagination. Especially today when you can on YouTube and see just about every show in it's entirety (maybe not pro-shot, but hey) And I think, based on past trends, if they release this as a DVD, it will be a commercial release since their has been for just about every tour since Zoo TV, why would they change that up now?

I think the thing about gifts is offering up something different. This year's gift, even if you don't have a turntable, I bet these will look great framed. And I'll bet they'll be more valuable down the road... Just my two cents.
    The gift should be something special, unique which you can only have with a subscription. When the gift is a "exclusive" cd, it isn't that exclusive because it will be available for (illegal) download even before most subscribers will get theirs.
    I prefer something like an deluxe (photo)book.
  8. Originally posted by Lobmans:[..]
    The gift should be something special, unique which you can only have with a subscription. When the gift is a "exclusive" cd, it isn't that exclusive because it will be available for (illegal) download even before most subscribers will get theirs.
    I prefer something like an deluxe (photo)book.
    exactly
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

I do agree its more likely a DVD will be a commercial release and also that this years gift will be more valuable, certainly a good collectors gift, I just favour volume of material over anything else. I don't really collect anything u2 other than music but I guess it's fair we get a balance for all I just think they're due another u22 or from the ground up type gift.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I do agree its more likely a DVD will be a commercial release and also that this years gift will be more valuable, certainly a good collectors gift, I just favour volume of material over anything else. I don't really collect anything u2 other than music but I guess it's fair we get a balance for all I just think they're due another u22 or from the ground up type gift.
    It's kind of a damned if they do damned if they don't scenario... they can't please everyone, ya know? I thought the serigraphs were weak. But that's because I've no room left on my walls and wouldn't spend the money framing them. Some people treasure this stuff. I'm at the stage in my life where I'm clearing out more shite like that rather than collecting it. I prefer music. U22 was cool, but if you really wanted to, you could go to various sources and replicate it for yourself. The thing about vinyl is sure, it can be transferred to mp3 and replicated... but not the piece itself. You can't replicate the sleeve. Or the wax. Know what I mean?
  11. I don't need any photos, books,litographs... music is what's going on... you have internet full of photos if you need it (sorry didn't mean to look mean,just my personal opinion)