Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    It's kind of a damned if they do damned if they don't scenario... they can't please everyone, ya know? I thought the serigraphs were weak. But that's because I've no room left on my walls and wouldn't spend the money framing them. Some people treasure this stuff. I'm at the stage in my life where I'm clearing out more shite like that rather than collecting it. I prefer music. U22 was cool, but if you really wanted to, you could go to various sources and replicate it for yourself. The thing about vinyl is sure, it can be transferred to mp3 and replicated... but not the piece itself. You can't replicate the sleeve. Or the wax. Know what I mean?
    I'm with you on the part about not being able to replicate vinyl but then I feel the same way about physical cds. It's easy enough to print your own cover and burn your own disc but it's not really possible to get these cardboard packages like digipaks and gatefolds or whatever they're called. Most companies have something like a 100 unit minimum when your only wanting one, otherwise all the gigs I went to would have digipak packaging to go with the cds I burned. Basically I'm still into having a physical object itself but then if someone turned round and said I could have 5 gigs in official MP3 or one official gig in fancy packaging I'd take the 5 gigs in mp3.
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I don't need any photos, books,litographs... music is what's going on... you have internet full of photos if you need it (sorry didn't mean to look mean,just my personal opinion)
    I meant exactly on gift should be something special and unique...
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'm with you on the part about not being able to replicate vinyl but then I feel the same way about physical cds. It's easy enough to print your own cover and burn your own disc but it's not really possible to get these cardboard packages like digipaks and gatefolds or whatever they're called. Most companies have something like a 100 unit minimum when your only wanting one, otherwise all the gigs I went to would have digipak packaging to go with the cds I burned. Basically I'm still into having a physical object itself but then if someone turned round and said I could have 5 gigs in official MP3 or one official gig in fancy packaging I'd take the 5 gigs in mp3.
    Yeah... But you could burn the CD, and if you were really determined you could copy and replicate the CD booklet... You can't burn to vinyl and it would be more difficult to replicate the album cover and sleeve! That's all I'm saying...
  4. We need more keyrings.
  5. I wish they brought back the JT bolo tie for merch booth this tour. Mine broke back in '89!

6. Damn, just think of of all those missed opportunities in which you could have worn it

(Like EVERY day to work)
  7. Originally posted by iTim:Damn, just think of of all those missed opportunities in which you could have worn it

(Like EVERY day to work)
    Hehe. I still have the JTree metal part. I guess if I tried hard enough to put it back together I could have it ready when bolos come back around!
  8. It's also a shame they stopped playing MLK after one show
  9. Yes, MLK is a great song. Short too so they could easily play it after Bad.
  10. Or after Pride, to mark the end of TUF and the beginning of the JT album.
  11. Yeah, it's a shame they pickedagain for this tour the worst segue into Streets ever