Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by RUMMY:Those Elevation tour performances of Bad or AIWIY into Streets (namely the DVD versions) are held in high regard around here - and rightfully so.

I got both Bad (finally!) and AIWIY (first time since '92) on the i&e tour so if they were to rotate these two songs I wouldn't/couldn't complain.
    Yeah they are something pretty special. If they do clean transitions between the songs if Bono can restrain himeslef that would be a bonus haha I love live U2 segues and they dont do many these days.... the Bad/40 combo on IE worked well.... unfortunety didnt get this version when I seen them. And the AIWIY/WOWY combo in LA was nice. Zooropa/Streets was cool but B man talked too much kinda killed it a bit.

I was lucky enough to see Bad on IE and AIWIY on 360. If I got both in one show that would be a dream. I think both are taxing for Bono so I reckon rotation maybe likley.
  2. To all those who don't want to hear Beautiful Day are crazy, I can't think of a better song played live, especially in A stadium tour. It's one of their biggest and most uplifting, feel good songs.

Put it this way, if they don't play Beautiful Day (which thankfully is unlikely) then it will feel like a gaping hole in the set list. They have to play BD and Pride for that matter, and I hope they will
  3. Originally posted by georgemccauley:To all those who don't want to hear Beautiful Day are crazy, I can't think of a better song played live, especially in A stadium tour. It's one of their biggest and most uplifting, feel good songs.

Put it this way, if they don't play Beautiful Day (which thankfully is unlikely) then it will feel like a gaping hole in the set list. They have to play BD and Pride for that matter, and I hope they will
    I'd have to disagree with you regarding beautiful day, it's certainly not a bad song in my opinion however they've got plenty of songs that could more than take its place. They played some pretty successful shows pre 2000 before it was released. Having said all that I'm not going to be annoyed at them if they do play it I just wouldn't miss it if they didn't.
  4. yeah only played it three times? The last tour, and 360 Had a few but was fairly spread out between shows. It's one of those songs that I think should be played at most shows!
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'd have to disagree with you regarding beautiful day, it's certainly not a bad song in my opinion however they've got plenty of songs that could more than take its place. They played some pretty successful shows pre 2000 before it was released. Having said all that I'm not going to be annoyed at them if they do play it I just wouldn't miss it if they didn't.
    For example, I'd take a well-staged-and-conceived Dirty Day over Beautiful Day, any day of the week.
  6. I take a song less in the setlist over Beautiful Day, any day of the week. Such a horrible song live.
  7. and still the day would be beautiful
  8. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    I take a song less in the setlist over Beautiful Day, any day of the week. Such a horrible song live.
    hahaha that's so harsh I'll make sure to record your reaction to BD when they play it at Croke this summer!
  9. Unbelievable
  10. Yeah, it surprises me too. For someone who attend so much U2 gigs. I like every song U2 plays live. Ok, not their way of playing some songs on autopilot. Sometimes it is time for innovation, like they did in the 90's. That's a reason why I love U2. And that is my critisism on U2 for doing a nostalgia tour. But I will probably enjoy it anyway.
  11. had a special moment happening to me during BD, so it got a special place in my heart as well I don't mind it that much.