2015-11-07 - Glasgow
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 5
Videos: 2
  1. More than worth it man!
  2. I agree, I would've happily gone to Glasgow 1 and 2. I wouldn't mind going to all four Paris shows either
  3. It had a great atmosphere, one of the better ones I have been to since the 90's, been to a few shows but never seen Gloria and 40, my mate jumped on me when the drums for Gloria started, great crowd, dancing with strangers to With or Without You.

Having a depressing come down as that's me done for this year.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:I agree, I would've happily gone to Glasgow 1 and 2. I wouldn't mind going to all four Paris shows either
    I went to Glasgow 1 & 2 and I'm going to Dublin 1 & 2. I might do a show in Belfast too.
  5. Originally posted by iTim:I agree, I would've happily gone to Glasgow 1 and 2. I wouldn't mind going to all four Paris shows either
    What's your situation now with the Irish shows? You weren't going to go to any, and then you were trying to...

I know it's a little off-topic, but since we're here.
  6. I think I seriously "lost" it when Larry Mullen not so Jr started banging the skins to the intro of Gloria.Yep,2nd song in,oh my word it was just sublime.I belted out 2,3,4 at the top of my lungs then just went into a world of my own.Edge's chimes,out of this world Adam bass & the B mans vocals as strong as they have been.I think I might now make that bass solo a ring tone for my cell I had a feeling at that point it was going off in the house.Then Edge did his magic trick of doing a new solo in Vertigo I Will Follow was just immense here,kept up the energy.The David Essex snippet Hold Me Close in Iris is one of those perfect fits in a song,it so works in this context.Anyone old enough to know this knows the lyric by heart,it's basically a 70's classic (showing my age there lol)

I personally felt the best portion of the gig was from Invisible onwards via the cage / screen (the way they exited was so a 21st Century update of coming out of the Lemon) Songs performed on the e-stage were incredible.BTBS felt a bit wayward,but they have varied that tune live since it's inception.Then I felt as though WOWY was as good a performance in a long,long time of that song.He then threw in LWTUA,unreal.Then...then...shine like stars ! Doesn't get any better than that,does it ? Surely not.The lad he brought up during COBL seemed a bit overwhelmed,but fair play I thought he was great.Well played young 'un.The B man gave him his glasses,then swapped jackets and off he went.But wait,what's that in the pocket ? Got a feeling the lads phone was going off,I think Bono gave him his jacket back,hope so.

And then it happened.It does get better.The ultimate,the absolute best of the best,the opening to Bad.Some things just can't be explained,and I do believe the transition from this to a full band 40 may well be the greatest thing I've had the privilege to witness from this band.I did start up the "How Long ?" on the way out I might add lol Not as privileged to have been to as many gigs as a lot of people have (only 11 from Zooropa '93 onwards) but I'm gonna have my moment in the sun and bask in it.That was certainly up there with anything I've seen in my previous 10 shows.If you've seen this tour you may,or as the case may be,not agree.If you are waiting for your show to arrive,then breathe it in,soak it up and embrace it.You are about to witness unadulterated musical greatness.

So from a fan of 33 years standing,thanks boys,you still & will always know how to play rock n roll.November 7th 2015 was,in one word, EPIC !

Thank you U2 & thank you Scotland
  7. We're not a bad lot are we?
  8. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    What's your situation now with the Irish shows? You weren't going to go to any, and then you were trying to...

I know it's a little off-topic, but since we're here.
    The situation remains exactly that.
  9. Originally posted by gmc:I think I seriously "lost" it when Larry Mullen not so Jr started banging the skins to the intro of Gloria.Yep,2nd song in,oh my word it was just sublime.I belted out 2,3,4 at the top of my lungs then just went into a world of my own.Edge's chimes,out of this world Adam bass & the B mans vocals as strong as they have been.I think I might now make that bass solo a ring tone for my cell I had a feeling at that point it was going off in the house.Then Edge did his magic trick of doing a new solo in Vertigo I Will Follow was just immense here,kept up the energy.The David Essex snippet Hold Me Close in Iris is one of those perfect fits in a song,it so works in this context.Anyone old enough to know this knows the lyric by heart,it's basically a 70's classic (showing my age there lol)

I personally felt the best portion of the gig was from Invisible onwards via the cage / screen (the way they exited was so a 21st Century update of coming out of the Lemon) Songs performed on the e-stage were incredible.BTBS felt a bit wayward,but they have varied that tune live since it's inception.Then I felt as though WOWY was as good a performance in a long,long time of that song.He then threw in LWTUA,unreal.Then...then...shine like stars ! Doesn't get any better than that,does it ? Surely not.The lad he brought up during COBL seemed a bit overwhelmed,but fair play I thought he was great.Well played young 'un.The B man gave him his glasses,then swapped jackets and off he went.But wait,what's that in the pocket ? Got a feeling the lads phone was going off,I think Bono gave him his jacket back,hope so.

And then it happened.It does get better.The ultimate,the absolute best of the best,the opening to Bad.Some things just can't be explained,and I do believe the transition from this to a full band 40 may well be the greatest thing I've had the privilege to witness from this band.I did start up the "How Long ?" on the way out I might add lol Not as privileged to have been to as many gigs as a lot of people have (only 11 from Zooropa '93 onwards) but I'm gonna have my moment in the sun and bask in it.That was certainly up there with anything I've seen in my previous 10 shows.If you've seen this tour you may,or as the case may be,not agree.If you are waiting for your show to arrive,then breathe it in,soak it up and embrace it.You are about to witness unadulterated musical greatness.

So from a fan of 33 years standing,thanks boys,you still & will always know how to play rock n roll.November 7th 2015 was,in one word, EPIC !

Thank you U2 & thank you Scotland
    I'm so happy for you! Great review!
  10. Great reviews :-) STV Glasgow at 7.05pm tonight is goin to show some footage
    from the weekend :-)

11. I feel exactly the same, today being back to reality has been extremely hard! Just hoping they come back to the UK next year.

So jealous now of those going to see them in Paris knowing what they will experience.

I would say this tour needs to stay indoors. It just works 100%.
  12. seen every show in scotland since zooropa and this was by far my favourite one. I wasn't even as hyped this time as the album wasnt on my top list

but just wow!!!!!